1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those who are upset with the Brad Miller signing, who did you want?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I'm on board with this Miller signing because he's just a temporary solution to our backup center position. In the next few years, we will find a younger backup C for less $ to play that position.

But from the Brad Miller signing thread, there are a lot of you that are not happy with signing him.

Just curious, but who did you have in mind for the backup C spot and do you think we could have got him on the cheap?

2. HPD

HPD Member

you......

3. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

How many threads do we need about one signing?

4. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I want Morey to sign me to 5 years 30 millions (all guaranteed) contract just to warm the bench

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Second Best Center in the league :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I dont see anyone on the market that could be better than Miller. Championship teams spend money for players.

Is the majority of the board indian? Cheap mo fo's :grin:

7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

[​IMG]

8. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

a real star player?

I don't think many at mad at the Miller signing. It's a very good signing in and of itself. However, if we're left with Miller and a few re-signed pieces at the end of the off-season... it's still a disappointment.

9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The OP is right there are a bunch of posters acting like a plethora of young, atheltic, 7 foot shotblocking, rebounding, defensive wizards are available and we got screwed overpaying for the 34 year old who brings nothing additional to the team.

We all want a 25 year old Deke, there is no one available and few players like this anyway.

10. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

goodbye Andersen and Jeffries.. (good riddance)

11. G-Money

G-Money Member

I'm not mad at who we signed. I'm mad how much we signed him for.

12. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

3 years with only $1 million guaranteed on the last year. How in any way could this negatively affect the Rockets?

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

A lot of you really suck. It's sad that you would consider this offseason a disappointment. I call it a success. We could be one of those teams that never chooses to bring their own free agents back and don't go aggressively after other free agents, but we do. We had a great offseason and although we didn't get Bosh, what realistically could we get out there? Please answer that for me. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  15. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Voice of reason...is that you? :p

16. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

lol no I'm not Indian.

17. psingh34

psingh34 Member

yah too bad brad miller is going to do a little more than warm the bench .. maybe if ur 7 ft and have been a 2 time allstar then you can give them a call

18. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I wanted Dwight Howard! :grin:

19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Good Post El Pig.....

I like the fact of bringing in a veteran that can be a back-up or starter... Right now Yao is still an unknown and with Brad you have someone who's been in the trenches, knows the system and can also teach Hill.

T_Man

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

What people dont get is this.. we have no room in the salary cap.. just about everyone that got traded of value.. got traded to a team that was able to take them without giving any salary in return that was an option we just didnt have ..

utah got jefferson bc they were able to use their trade exception ..
    dallas got chandler bc they were able to trade a playing who had a non guarenteed contract, which essentially means they traded 13 mil of salary exception..

all these teams that traded their players did so with the intention of not wanting to take back ne salarry .. so we remain patient and not force the issue . ..we resigned our guys .. we got a back center that excels in our system .. we have the development of our young players (hill, patterson, brooks) to look forward to... we have a whole year with martin that will help improve our overall record.. oh yah and yao is back ... thats a lot of improvement in my eyes ...