1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those that don't get the Chronicle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MysticRyder, Jun 22, 2002.

1. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

After more than 400 NBA games David Benoit has a pretty good idea what an NBA star looks like. He has played with and against the best.
    I've played with Shawn Bradley and against Olajuwon when he was at his best Benoit said. YAO MING to me is way more to the Olajuwon side,and he is going to be better than Ric Smits. I'm not taking anything away from Ric, but this guy is right there with Ric at this time. He is going to be better than Ric. This guy can play. He can really play.Benoit joined the Shanghai Sharks in time for the teams playoff run. He is not alone in his raves. Other veterans of the NBA and CBA offered similar proclaminations.
    If he was coming out of the University of Houston right now he would be averaging 30 points 8 blocks and a bunch of rebounds. ESPN would be going crazy, and Houston would be going crazy.
    Piston assistant coach Tony Ronzone who was an assistant with the Chinese national team for 5 months said, "I just love this kid. But especially being with Rudy and playing with Steve i think great things will happen.The compliments come quickly from players and coaches who know Yao. Yao has the right combination of size and skills. But he also has a lot of work to do to adjust his game and body to the NBA.
    He wants to lean to get better and he is a real competitor Ronzone said. This kid is a gym rat. He is the first one on the floor and the last one to leave.
    Forget about all that stuff people are saying about it taking one two or three years for him to get acclimated to the NBA Ronzone said. He will be successful right away.
    There is a lot more but this gives you an idea about what others think of YAO MING.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That quote right there means a lot! That is why people are excited about his potential. He WANTS to learn and already has great skills and talent. Give the guy time to learn and he will be a very good NBA player.

Chris

3. Rocketblast

Rocketblast Member

I don't think you need the Houston Chronicle to get that news. Everyone has been raving about Yao Ming.

4. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Gym rat is the key word in that article.

Now we can have Mobley, Steve and Ming always practicing.

Good sign, and great example for current/future Rockets.