1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For those of you trying to lose weight what is harder for you

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rox_fan_here, Dec 30, 2010.

?

What is harder for you

1. Maintain a healthy diet

33 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. Maintain an active workout regimine

14 vote(s)
    29.8%
  1. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

Maintain a healthy diet

or

Maintain an active workout regimine

Reading the "Why are people overweight" thread got me thinking.

Personally I have no problem getting up in the mornings and working out. My problem is my diet. I am a sucker for fast food; burgers, pizza, and generally greasy stuff drives me nuts. I think I might be in the minority but working out is no problem, its the damn diet that kills me.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Do you do so regularly?

3. Rox_fan_here

Rox_fan_here Contributing Member

about 4-6 days a week like clockwork

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Both. With 2 young kids and money a bit tight, I have no time to work out. I was given a Wii for the holidays and will hopefully be able to use it in this fashion since I can't afford or have time to go to a gym. If it weren't for soccer, I'd never get any exercise.

5. YourSecretLover

maintaining the diet is a lot harder IMO. It's just the temptation that is out there is sometimes to irresistible.

6. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Definitely. What's worked for me is eating bad one day out of the week. That way you get your fix, and you're not so tempted to eat unhealthy the other six days. And because it's only one day, those empty calories should come off easily.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not trying to lose weight but putting my two Yen in maintaining a healthy diet is harder since most of my work out is martial arts and I think I suffer an obsessive compulsive disorder about doing martial arts. The only thing holding me back from working out more is multiple injuries. :mad:

I think I eat relatively healthy but it is hard especially this time of year with family and other events plus my elderly neighbor loves to bake pastries and always gives me a bunch about once a week.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can easily workout every day, no problem. Basketball especially makes the conditioning part of my exercise regimen fun. However... diet-wise I try to stray away from junk food and etc... but it just keeps calling me back. :(

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

In the short run at least, it's much easier to forgo a few hundred calories than to burn it off (if anything, you might work up an appetite that way). You eat a few cookies and then spend an hour burning them off, that's a pain.

From an overall metabolism standpoint though, muscle burns more calories naturally.

I lost 30 lbs in 6 months limiting myself to 1500-2000 calories/day, main thing is to get rid of any/all snacks/soda, if the food is around it's too tempting to nosh. Keep track of calories at first to develop habits.

I love these when I get a craving for sweets (only 150 cal).

[​IMG]

Only exercise I do is walk my dog for 30 min/day.

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Maintaining a healthy diet takes discipline. Get in the gym once and it's easy to keep going back.

Eating healthy after a rigorous work out is hard. I just want to eat something greasy like fast food.

I dropped 5-10 pounds in two days just sitting down and working. I didn't eat a lot, but when I got hungry I'd grab one or two dates or any fruit and keep going.

#10 BEAT LA, Dec 30, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  11. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

the eating part, sometime you just dont give a ****. so that's the hard part i guess

12. devilsdandruff

it's hard to resist from food.
    =/

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I only have to fight through a workout for 90 mins.

I have to fight cravings for 15 hours.

14. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Definitely food.