1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For the love of Dream, can we please sign a 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Jul 3, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

He'd be playing behind Tucker lol

kjayp and tinman like this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess dumb fans don’t realize that Dream didn’t come from the Alexander era
    Just like the are so dumb to not realize that it was Chris Paul’s contract came from the Alexander era

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Kenneth Faried please

CVcrew likes this.
  4. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Stromile Swift.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I like, i wonder if they give houston a 1st round pick. Eric Gordon is good player. Josh is a pothead, and coming to houston will make him herb hungry. Good because houston can plan for the future, memphis is gonna stink.

tc0330 likes this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I agree with you except if we can get a guy like JaMycal Green. He is versatile and can shoot from 3. He would be very valuable.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I’ve wanted this dude since 2017

8. Fantasma Negro

This would be great. Iggy can play sg and Jackson gives the Fox a bonafide stud at sf. After this they could bring back Faried and add McGee. Morey would probably have to give up a first rounder or multiple seconds but I’d be on board for a move like this
    Put this out of your mind. The clippers are going to pay him in the 12 mil a year range, he’s not taking a minimum deal

tc0330 likes this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just thought that I’d point out that Dream was never a 4, having pushed 3 time college Player of the Year (as a 5) and starting center Ralph Sampson to the 4 spot as soon as he got here, Ralph becoming a 4/5, playing at the 5 when Dream got a blow, or tossed from a game for fighting. Whoever we get, Love of Dream is required and expected.

Having said that, I agree with the sentiment of the OP. We need a legitimate 4 with length, preferable a swingman who can also play at the 3 as matchups require. Someone who is quick with decent lateral movement that can switch on D, hit the 3, drawing the other 4 away from the basket, rebound, defend, blockout inside, is a weak side shot blocker, and wouldn’t get bulled around by the opposing guy. PJ should spend more time at the 3, where his size isn’t as much of an issue and maybe his career can last a bit longer.

In other words, we don’t need much. Now who could that be that’s available? I wonder.

kjayp, D-rock and Easy like this.
  10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I do think there is some real value in having two high level bigs on the floor at the same time - that New Orleans team with AD and Boogie was beasting before Boogie went down with the injury...but that is the real problem - there are fewer bigs in the league who can be significantly better than their positional peers(compared to guards or wings) and in general bigs tend to be injury prone making them even more risky. The value just isn’t there unless you have the right two bigs and I don’t believe Clint is necessarily the dominating 5 needed to make that type of lineup work.