1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[for the fwiw bin] Did Refs miss an 8-second violation to end the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 6, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm mentioned in reply to hp's post that I would like to see the actual vid from the right angle. Preferably the one he mentioned (LATR) The snapshot and the vid posted in this thread do not tell the entire story of that play.

You dont have to block the ball or knock it out of harden's hand. There's nothing that says you have to do either of those. He makes contact with the ball which is what was reported.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That's a snapshot. If Lee got all ball, and Harden adjusted the ball, then Clutch takes the snapshot, I can imagine a ruling where it is CNC. I saw all ball and I saw Harden adjust but in poor quality vid/angle.

Sounds like you want a blatant error in the report. I don't, because these reports have proven to be very objective and reliable. I'm siding with the report until I see a full vid from above, which I'm downloading now. If it shows no ball, I will both laugh in joy, and be sad.

Btw: I love the fact Clutch tweeted that regardless and the "Fascinaring" part. Lulz. He rox.

3. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

You still aren't answering the obvious question. But nevermind.

4. FANfrom86toNow

Because I think it is a blatant error, and not because Lee didn't hit the ball. I have already stated that he hit the ball clearly in the video that I saw. So what? Does that mean that after hitting the ball and not knocking it out of the players hand, that you can now foul him on the wrist and forearm during his shooting motion? I don't think that's the correct rule, but show it to me if that is so.

5. FANfrom86toNow

And F*CK the NBA and the 2 minute reports that are supposed to be unbiased and correct. IF they wanted correctness, they would put 5 refs on the courts or sidelines and 3 more watching in the booth for every game and make ALL CALLS correct as they happen. They have enough technology and money to do this. If a biased ref makes a bad call, 2 or more refs on reply in the booth should be able to overturn him, instead of other refs turning a blind eye because they want to stick up for their ref fraternity. FU*CK those F*CKBOYS!

#getthisshitright #billiondollarbusiness

fckbandwagons and touring_low like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

ok well if the report is true and he makes contact with the ball first then no it's not a foul, especially for the nba

7. heypartner

What's your feelings on MDA refusing to start Gordon over Bev.

8. FANfrom86toNow

I think you know that answer already, or you wouldn't have asked the question. While I still think we would be a better TEAM if Gordon started, I'm okay with Bev starting with that way he is currently playing. But I still think Bev hurts Harden on offense when he starts because he passes up too many open 3s on passes from Harden, trying to drive and then kick out because he rarely shoots the layup or floater on those drives. Bev is awesome with the second unit and better off the bench to me with less minutes where he can stay healthy and be there for us in the playoffs.

I don't agree with a lot of MDA's rotations and player decisions, but no one is perfect. I would play Capela 32 to 34 minutes per game so he gets in better shape and ready for the playoffs. I would play Harrell some at the 4. I would give Dekker 20 mpg. And like someone else stated, instead of running a 3 guard lineup the whole time mostly with the second unit, I would have two of our guards and Dekker/Harrell in if Anderson is out. I would probably never play Anderson at the 5 to try and have all shooters on the floor because no matter what we score, the other team will score on every possession. While defense isn't our best asset, if you can never stop the other team, you can't win. And even when teams miss normal open shots, when Anderson is in at the 5 during small ball, the other team gets every rebound and just lays the ball back up...so they score every single possession.

9. FANfrom86toNow

DISAGREE UNLIKE :)

10. heypartner

Oh well, the Spurs feed does not have the Above The Rim video with Lee in it.

Does anyone have a torrent link to the Rockets feed? Paging @AstroRocket

11. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Has anyone seen the end of game report: http://official.nba.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/03/L2M-HOU-SAS-03-06-17.pdf
    No review made on the possible half court violation

INC- incorrect non-call
    IC - incorrect call

Q4 00:46.5 Foul: Defense 3 Second
    David Lee Lee (HOU) is in the paint without actively guarding an opponent for longer than three seconds

Q4 00:01.2 Foul: Personal Patrick Beverley LaMarcus Aldridge
    INC Beverley (HOU) makes contact with Aldridge (SAS) in an attempt to commit a take foul

12. ipa

ipa Member

Great view! From the side shows how Lee only gets wrist!

With youtube you can use slo-mo too!

13. threepointshot3

Now compared to Jordan over 1 game? JORDAN? LOOOL ESPN is out of control

14. heypartner

That's the Spurs feed, and what most of us have seen in initial Tweets.

I have the full-game, HD-720 on my computer, and I have frame-by-frame review at full HD, no blurring. That angle is inconclusive, imo. I definitely see Lee get ball prior to anything else. How much? can't tell.

Do you really think the L2M report is lying to the point that he never even got ball?