1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[for the fwiw bin] Did Refs miss an 8-second violation to end the game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 6, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah the angle of that video is just tough to see. and definitely not a goaltend on KL's part

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Report says they had to use the LATR camera angle. Left Above The Rim. So, apparently, we are not even seeing the best angle in the vid posted with the report.

YOLO likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think that the situation mattered far less than who the home team was. Nearly all the calls/no-calls favored San Antonio down the stretch.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rockets rarely benefit from the hand is a part of the ball so it is not a foul calls

Rocket River

5. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

How about the phantom foul on leonard shooting a 3 by Ariza? I must be blind because I didn't see any contact.

Also the refs let everything go for 46 mins in the game and then 2 mins left they started calling everything. Maybe a little consistency would have been nice.

#85 Ohreally, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    BigShasta likes this.
  6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Clearly a foul as Clutch showed.

BigMaloe, Astrodome and heypartner like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol. The ridiculousness of the the LTM reports make the replay process even worse.
    They should just get rid of it again.
    More than anything the amount it slows the games down by is often insufferable.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Wow...and yeah, smh...

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yea, thats how it even looked on the video I saw. But like the no call in the MEM game it doesn't matter. You sorta hope that the basketball gods and nba refs will make it up in a future game, but still waiting for the make up on the out of bounds years and years ago...

10. heypartner

I find the two minute reports to be very objective and nearly always agreeable if not consistent.

Clutch left out that Report also says Lee got ball, and the vid in the report corroborates that. I can't believe they'd say that if he only got that wrist as shown in Clutch's tweet. I figure they ruled Lee got ball and either slid down to wrist or Harden adjusted ball after Lee's contact with the ball. I'd like to see the above the rim video which Clutch posted only a snapshot of.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah a snapshot is still very much questionable as that looks like it could be after the fact, whether lee made contact with the ball first (which is what is being claimed). the actual video would explain itself.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

So are you saying that the RULE is that as long as hit hit ball first, that it's okay that after his hand is off the ball, that he swipes Harden's wrist/forearm as the shot continues and that's not a foul in the NBA?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty much. as long as a defender makes direct contact with the ball initially, regardless of the hand that's not a foul. As the shot continues, if there's some contact naturally, it isn't a foul. You'll rarely see that called.

14. heypartner

Didn't say anything other than report says he got ball, and the snapshot makes it appear like he didn't. I'd like to see the full vid, because I don't find these reports to be that blatantly wrong as Clutch's tweet indicates.

In the vids I've seen (worse angle), it's clear Harden adjusted the ball, maybe that's why Lee's hand fell off the ball?

Anyhoot, I actually hope the report is right, because I rely on their honesty, and I don't recall disagreeing with them yet. I know others hope there is some blatant error in the report.

15. FANfrom86toNow

We are not talking about the "HAND", we are talking about making contact with the wrist and forearm after the ball. Unless I see it from the rule book, I'm not buying that that's not a foul. If you can't hold contact with the ball until it leaves the players hand, how does touching it early give you the right to foul on the wrist and forearm when any other time you can't?

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Now i saw the video on the report and stopping it as better as i can seems a lot more hand than ball...does anybody else see it the same way?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

making contact with the wrist/forearm after you get ball first is the natural contact I was referring to. It happens bc both the ball and defenders hands are moving, especially when the offensive player tries to adjust the shot.

18. FANfrom86toNow

I have seen the video, Lee gets his hand on the ball as Harden is going up, but doesn't knock it out of Harden's hands. Harden continues with the shot attempt and Lee's hand hit's Harden on the wrist and forearm as is shown in the video by Clutch. So by rule, is this additional contact made after the touch of the ball, because it wasn't a block because Harden still had full control of the ball, does that excuse Lee from fouling Harden on the wrist and forearm? Because it wasn't Harden's hand that Lee hit.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In the vids I saw, Harden made the adjustment (a double clutch) after the contact, to try to gather himself for the release. And that gave KL time to catch up to make the block. If Harden isn't fouled, he doesn't have to re-gather himself, the shot is release and the KL block never happens.
    And of course Harden makes the shot. ;)

BigMaloe and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  20. FANfrom86toNow

So just explained exactly what happened during the play, but didn't answer if that is a foul by rule or not, yet you indicated earlier that it is okay. So what's the rule? You can foul on the wrist or forearm as long as you touch ball first? Because he didn't block the ball or knock it our of Harden's hand, nor did he foul Harden on the "hand". Harden had full control of the ball and continue with the shot...and to me was FOULED!