1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For dudes over 30 and never married

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kyakko, Jan 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Marriage is a voluntary arrangement anyway, if you are committed to each other, you don't need the government to have a certificate that says you are married.

It is a waste of time.....

Just be happy with or without the committment.

DD

2. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

From a pure logistics point of view, marriage offers a contract and specific courts to deal with the joining and seperation of two people. If two people cohabitate for extended periods of time and mix their money and property, it is often extremely messy to split it up due to no court action being able to split up the property.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think that at 40 (although I look younger), I am at an age where I should start thinking about it, even as a guy...not yet totally too late, but shouldn't wait 10 more years...I think.

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

If you want kids and want to be able to play with them, you need to hurry up...lol.

DD

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well for me, my priorities have changed. Granted I came out of a marriage where my partner tried to control everything I did (even up to who and how I talked on the phone), so like finals said - you need to find someone who loves you but still gives you the independence you need. I feel like (and I am being a little overdramatic here) that I was locked up for 5 years and now I am free. There is too much stuff I enjoy doing and for the most part, it does not require the companionship of a woman. Doesn't mean I am interested in women; however, I am content being by myself. If I do meet someone, they will have to be content with who I am and vice versa and there won't be changing anybody into something they are not. That right there is why I am enjoying my life now.

6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I qualify for this thread, but I sense there's a follow up one coming for which my experience would be more applicable.

7. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Do what you wanna.

That's what ur gonna do in the end anyway.

8. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Can I answer, even though I'm a unmarried female over 30?

okay I will ;)

I spent my mid to late 20's doing my thing, traveling, playing etc, doing things that I couldn't do married so I didn't want to be tied down

When I hit 30 I went back to school and since I changed my lifestyle I haven't found anyone that I want to spend the rest of my life with, but it's not that I don't want to get married.

If I were in that kind of relationship I would like to have kids fairly soon at the very least and for me that sort of goes hand in hand with being married.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Sup?...

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not married and will turn 30 in a few months. I do a lot of traveling now so relationships doesn't seem to be an option. Most of my high school buds are married and some with kids, so it's been affecting me lately.

I do have that match.com thread under subscribers though...

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Marriage can't be good if it is 'super hard work'. Perhaps there is some work involved the first year or so in understanding responsibilities, boundaries and expectations, but, beyond that, things should fall into place without much effort. I think a critical key to a happy marriage is to know when to let an argument go. I also think it is important to receive pre-marriage counseling.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I read a stat somewhere that there are more single people between the ages of 25-35 than ever before.

So there isn't really a big hurry.

I'll marry someone IF I am really crazy about them. I don't think I'll marry a girl just because "it's time to get married." But maybe in a few years I'll change my mind.

13. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

14. lalala902102001

Who said you have to be married by 30? Seriously 30 is the new 20.

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You can always join "Cougar life"

;)

DD

16. Poloshirtbandit

I'm horrible with women. It is what it is, doesn't bother me much aside from my mom with the wanting grandchildren stuff.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Er, why dont you work on your game then?

Jusy saying you are bad with women is a copout

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Maybe you should try not stealing all their polo shirts.

1 person likes this.
  19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL I need a few more years for that... I need to wait til I turn 40 before I can call myself a cougar ;)

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm 19 and married, shame on you get your act together son. What about your women's happiness? You think she's content with a relationship like that and she may be single in her 40s?