1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For confused Rockets fans who live in Houston and are wondering about the TV schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets R' Us, Oct 12, 2000.

1. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

Juss stopped by Rockets.com to see tonights game time and found this handy bit of info:

----------

HOUSTON, Oct. 6 — The Houston Rockets today announced their broadcast schedule for the 2000-01 NBA Season. For the seventh consecutive year, the Rockets will offer the Houston community the opportunity to see every contest of the regular season.

The Rockets over-the-air flagship, KTBU (55-The Tube), will televise 49 regular season games, and FOX Sports Net will showcase 33 regular season contests during the 2000-2001 season.

Additionally, the Rockets will televise all seven preseason games in October, with each to air on KTBU (55-The Tube) or FOX Sports Net.

KPRC 950 AM will broadcast every Rockets game this season, with Gene Peterson giving play-by-play commentary and Jim Foley providing color commentary. All Rockets games are televised with Bill Worrell, Calvin Murphy and Lisa Malosky.

-------

So, you don't have to have Direct Pass to view all preseason and regular season Rockets games if you live in Houston. Phew.

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

[This message has been edited by Rockets R' Us (edited October 12, 2000).]

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

You do if you don't live in Houston.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

3. rock

rock Member

Good info, Rockets R' Us

------------------

4. RKMAN

RKMAN Member

why aren't the rockets listed on the tv guide channel? i checked 55 and 37 and it isn't there! it's some football game on 37! does this mean no rockz?

------------------
    RKMAN

Proud believer of the 2001 World Champion Houston Astros.

5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I guess I only get to watch 33 games this year.

------------------

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Rockets R Us,

as long as your not confused.

Smeg

Ps send us a mail to work out the deal

------------------
    www.NOPostCount.com

[This message has been edited by SmeggySmeg (edited October 13, 2000).]

7. SpEnCeR

SpEnCeR Member

I live in College Station. What the hell is "The Tube?" I normally live in Houston and I remember the games coming on WB. I have never even heard of that channel. I guess I am really screwed. I have to occasionally watch Dallas games up here on FSN. Why even bother showing them? This Sucks!

------------------

[This message has been edited by SpEnCeR (edited October 13, 2000).]

8. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

well I live in Midland TX, 300 miles west of Houston so is there a way that I can at least listen to the Rocks play? Im trying to get League Pass but if I dont, is there some placee I can listen to them on the internet? I would GREATLY appreciate ANY information on this.

------------------

Don't EVER underestimate the Heart of a CHAMPION!

9. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

I answered that question a few days ago emoreland. But, heck I'll do it again since I'm so nice. [​IMG] You can listen at nba.com or espn.com They have it 90% of the time. And Smeg, I haven't had time to e-mail you bro, got school work and basketball practice. I'll get at it by this weekend.

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

*groan*
    www.kprcradio.com/live.htm

------------------
    I got nothin'.