1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For All You Non-Believers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 28, 2017.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It might be the greatest now. If it was against Jordan, I guess it would be greatester!

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Don't you dare tell Rudy T what and what not to say. I'd call for a ban if I was even slightly more angry. You are clearly a non-believer.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There should be zero non believers on a placed called Clutchfans

4. don grahamleone

If Jordan would have gotten to the finals that year (he was eliminated by the Magic that we swept) it would have been a weaker final. Jordan's Bulls that year were no match for Shaq much less Hakeem.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199505160ORL.html & https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/199505180CHI.html

Jordan was in full form. He wasn't good enough to beat the Magic. The dude was not a 12 time champion, he lost A LOT during the playoffs and NEVER once made the playoffs with the Washington Wizards. Jordan was overrated by a huge amount because his popularity gained an incredible amount of viewers for a growing sport. He was not on Hakeem's level. Period.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

I was rooting for the Bulls to beat Orlando.
    Too bad Shaq destroyed their front line.

If San Antonio doesn't give away Rodman to the Bulls , I doubt the Bulls could handle Orlando the next year.
    Also Penny had health issues afterwards.

Robert Horry owned Pippen. They met during Lakers vs BLazers, Robert hitting clutch 3s , Pippen couldn't handle the Clutch ness.

napalm06 likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

We are not trying to convince the world about Clutch City. We are just trying to keep the house of Clutch true to what Clutch believes in.
    And he believes in the truth.

7. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

I am definitely a believer. In fact, I am 2nd generation believer. Unfortunately, I was out of town for both championships (bad timing, I know). My mom (season ticket holder since '71) was at game 4 in the Summit for the '95 Final's. She got me an airbrushed canvas banner that they hung up that said "Believe the Hell Out of It". It had a cartoon Shaq crying and holding his luggage. It looked glorious hanging up in my room. I'll try to locate it and post an image. Moms (still a season ticket holder even though she's lived in another state for 15 years) moved to Denver a while ago, so it may prove difficult to retrieve. Believe the Hell Out of It, Rockets fans!

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

I was in my thirties and had been a Rox fan for more than 20 years.

"Sweet" doesn't even begin to describe those two years.

In '95 I was living in NYC and working at MTV in their Times Square headquarters. For game 4 of the finals, I decided to sneak into my boss's office after hours and watch the game by myself on his massive TV. Towards the end of the game, I was screaming so loud that someone called security on me. :)

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Not telling him what to say. Just updating the term for the thread title to make it palatable to Millenials.

10. don grahamleone

Millennials need to learn that quote. It explains us perfectly.

Killatron 2000 and DonKnock like this.
  11. don grahamleone

I can't wait to hear MDA's version.

12. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

This quote gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. It was a perfect moment.

MadMax and don grahamleone like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't believe that would be practical

14. tinman

Supporting Member

If Bulls fans don't doubt the Bulls Championships, Lakers fans don't doubt the Lakers Championships and Spurs fans don't doubt the Spurs championships,
    Why would Rockets fans doubt the Rockets championships?
    Why would they doubt Hakeem Olajuwon's MVP, DPOY, and Finals MVP in the same year?
    Why would they doubt the clutchness of Robert Horry and Sam Cassell because they are in Houston?
    Why would they doubt Clyde Drexler ? A Dream Team member and has been to 2 NBA finals before the Rockets?
    Why would they doubt a team who had the 2nd best record in the NBA?
    Why would they doubt everything that @Clutch knows is true?

rimrocker likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Mr. Feder, for a guy from Fort Lee New Jersey you sure ask an awful lot of questions

Roseanne Roseannadanna: Thanks, Jane. Mr. Richard Feder of Fort Lee, New Jersey, writes in and says: "Dear Roseanne Roseannadanna, Do you believe in UFOs? Have you ever seen a UFO? Have you had a contact with a UFO? Have you ever been beyond and back? Did you see Star Wars? Do you believe that we are not alone?" Mr. Feder, you ask a lotta questions for someone from New Jersey. But I know what you're askin' because once, I, Roseanne Roseannadanna, saw somethin' that drove me crazy! It was a hot and clammy summer night, and I was sittin' alone in my apartment. And I said to myself "Roseanne Roseannadanna, what you need is a ride in the country." So, I got in my car and I start drivin'. And I love to drive, 'cause my car got an FM radio that I sing with. And I don't wanna brag, but when I sing in my car, I sound just like Connie Francis! Well, it's around ten o'clock at night. I didn't know it, but off to the side of the road, there's this drive-in movie theater, and they were showin' this X-rated French movie called Le Sex Shop. And I was just ridin' along, singin' a song when all of a sudden, peekin' through the trees, I saw the world's biggest buttocks! Two big cheeks that was bouncin' over the expressway. I thought I was gonna die! There it was in living color, a rectal eclipse! And underneath, there was words, you know, like, ah, subtitles? And this backside is talkin' to me, sayin' "Do you love me? I love you. Can you touch me, please. Hold me closer, darlin'. Kiss me, my honeybear." I couldn't believe it! Jane, tell me, did a rear end ever talk to you?

#55 Os Trigonum, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

If you doubt Clutch City,
    then you hate Clutch City

DonKnock likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Huh? You don't get to rewrite history in order to capitulate to the next generation.

It's important that all quotes also contain "Don't ever underestimate..."
    instead of the misquoted and incorrectly used "never underestimate..."

Rudy's quote was a directive not to be misunderstood.

Isn't that clear?

don grahamleone and rimrocker like this.
  19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

We don't beat the Knicks without Thorpe doing yeoman's work against their thuggish frontline and we don't win the next year without Drexler. I love both those guys. I love Max and Sam. I love Mario and Kenny. I love Horry and Amigo and Chucky. I love Dream and Rudy and everyone else on those teams. They were fun to watch and played beautiful basketball.

(Every Finals game day against the Knicks, I would go out in my driveway and shoot one free throw with no warm-ups or anything. If it went in, we would win and if it didn't we wouldn't. I had a lot of pressure on the days of Game 6 and 7, but I swished both those babies!)

BMoney, tinman and Killatron 2000 like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

For the newbs who don't know how the dude who started this thing feels
    here's a glimpse

don grahamleone likes this.