1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For all of you who said "F*** the NBA"...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ApuN, Nov 1, 2011.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

I always preferred basketball to football. As I get older I find I just don't mind as much if the NBA is not on, I'm trying to do other things with my life. I think the players should organize their own league and show that the people come to watch the players, not the owners. Since they are not going to do that, I would rather get other things lined up in my life so I'm not watching what other people do with theirs all the time.

2. Audioout

Audioout Member

Bravo. This is DEAD ON how I feel about things. I find it kinda irritating how the sports media have been so biased for the players. We all know they get their stories and access from players and agents so we know they're biased.

3. cod

cod Member

A rebel or player's league should have been planned and ready to go. Even before Greece went broke and Russian teams became tight for money.

If they can't get the money they want from a rebel league, they shouldn't expect to get it from the NBA.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Just because a guy can put a ball through the hoop does not mean they are smart enough to run a league.

It is not so easy to set a league together, and then the owners of the NBA could simply declare the lockout over at a moments notice and all the players contracts are valid again.

A new league will not work.

DD

5. rocketsmetalspd

November 25th Vipers Basketball. At least I will get to watch some basketball down here in the RGV.