1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For all of you who said "F*** the NBA"...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ApuN, Nov 1, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Exactly how I feel, and since they are already locked out I want them to get it right, take however much time they need.

DD

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm not missing it yet.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sorry man. I still (slightly) hate the modern NBA. This lockout isn't helping that.

I honestly don't miss it as much as I expected. In fact, during a regular season i think about the Rockets at least once a day.. during this lockout, maybe a few times a week at most. I stay busy with other stuff.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I'm an avid MMA fan now, so I don't miss it as much.

Still can't get into hockey though which sucks

5. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I still miss the NBA. The Texans are keeping my mind off the Rockets, especially since they may potentially have a 1st round bye heading into the playoffs.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Not really missing it, although the week is a lot more quiet.

With just some crappy college football games during the week.

It's all about the Weekends now. Can't wait till Sunday.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I feel the time when football and basketball are both in season is a reward Americans receive for putting up with 6 months of baseball season.

1 person likes this.
  8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Lol. Thank god the texans are looking relevant this year.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I would absolutely LOVE to be able to watch the Rockets right now... but I have no problem at all with them taking their time to get this thing completely figured out.

I love basketball, so I'll be here ready to jump back into the thick of NBA basketball regardless of how long it takes. So do whatever it takes to fix this problem now so we're not in this situation again somewhere down the line.

That's my stance on the situation.

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

As long as there's a playoffs, I'm all good. I don't really care about the the first few months of the regular season.

11. ApuN

ApuN Member

Ha LOLZ

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Problem with the NFL is it isn't on that often. So hell yeah I miss the NBA.

F em, but I love em still.

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I too honestly haven't missed it. Basketball had already been third tier among sports I watch behind baseball and football and now it's probably fourth behind Starcraft as well. I canceled cable for the baseball offseason and I'm honestly not missing that, either... I'll probably just catch what Rockets games make their way onto the local stations and be happy with that.

14. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

After the first two weeks of the season were cancelled, I was more than okay as they coincided with my exams. The next batch of cancellations made me sad :(. It's currently at 2 weeks of NBA free holidays for me. F*** you owners and players. More so the owners.

15. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I don't miss basketball as much I as thought I would, but I freaking miss being it's fan. Maybe it's time to give college ball a try.

16. AXG

AXG Member

Same here.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Ehh, I'm good.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm being 100% honest -- I didn't even realize I was missing anything. This coming from a 99'er... A 99'ER!!!

If the Rockets played tonight I'd only be mildly excited. I've been through a b*stard season before, it's not the same.

The free agent/amnesty frenzy, I'd be all over that -- that's interesting. Unfortunately, me following transaction updates online doesn't help the NBA.

I will not be going to a regular season game this season.

I will likely not tune-in to watch a full game of non-Rocket regular season basketball this season. Not until Football is over.

Here's the kicker -- I'm not mad. I'm not trying to "stick-it-to" the NBA. I'm not complaining. I've simply lost interest.

The NBA has been in a downward spiral for awhile now. They regained some ground, then weren't intelligent enough to capitalize on it. They rebounded and reached a new pinnacle -- now this.

If they lost me, you better believe the casual fans are goners. This isn't the NFL, this is the NBA, and it doesn't have the power it once did.

David Stern is on some weird power trip, one unlike any I've seen in the modern era of professional business in the U.S. He gets to run around playing dictator with no consequences, fine, but the NBA can't withstand doing the same.

They're not positioned to withstand this. In other words, NBA fans should be channeling a disgruntled Batman and belting out, "SWEAR TO ME."

19. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

another year of LeBron failure is alright with me. I miss the Rockets, I don't miss the rest of the NBA. I feel bad for Tim Duncan, because this could have potentially been his retirement tour year.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is where I am, largely. My accountant takes me to a few games a season...aside from that, I rarely pay to go...with the exception being that my older son took a few friends for his birthday celebration this last season.

I think what you're saying is pretty true of a lot of older fans of this franchise, sadly. And of the league, generally.