1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

For all of you property/land experts, or measurement or Real Estate experts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocksMillenium, Oct 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm taking a class on Real Estate and our teacher gave us random properties to measure. The problem is we can't go onto the properties since, you know, the people don't know us, and he told us so. But he wants us to breakdown the land value per front foot. How can I do this without being able to measure the land? I can get the Market, land, and improvement value and the acre size and square feet of the property. Thanks for any help you can give!

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

the first place you should start is with the county property tax records. don't know where the properties are, but in harris county, you can find out the tax info for any property at www.hcad.org

keep in mind, however, that their information isn't always correct.

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Thanks! I found the country tax records but it has the front ft listed at 0.

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

The county clerk's office will have the real property records history for all property in the county. Somewhere in the chain of title, there will be a conveyance that gives a metes and bounds discription of the property telling you exactly what your measurement is. However, if he is looking for "front feet," that is a measure of where the property meets the street. You don't have to step onto their property for that measurement. You can walk it off along the street.