1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] World Cup 2010 Qualifiers 10/10 and 10/14

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, Oct 6, 2009.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ Great! That's what I'm talking about. Who said you'd be scared? That's not what sparked this US-is-better-than-MEXICO conversation. You came in boasting your so-called better ranking as if it had anything to do with the "respect" and "higher regard" and "doing better in international competitions." Bring it, we're not scared either. :eek:

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

The problem is that you go back to before you were born...which is laughable...the Oakland Raiders used to be an NFL team too.

In the last 5 or so years the US has been consistently better than Mexico....

DD

3. SwoLy-D

Where do you draw the line...? "In the last 5 or so years"...? :rolleyes: Since before I was BORN... who brought THAT up? That was 1975, sir, if you want to start talking since then.

So... you want to start talking about the 5-0 win, or the 2-1 win? That's 2 in-
    a-row against you. :eek:

You want to talk about how you will get to the WC and fall flat on your faces... like the last time (not since I was born, the LAST ONE)... AGAIN?

4. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You gotta love the trash-talking between fans of two teams that have little to no chance of winning the WC.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Meh, you are a US citizen anyway....just a traitor to your countries team...bandwagonner deluxe !!!!

;)

DD

6. SwoLy-D

Further proof you're a liar. I am no citizen and you know it. :p But I know why you say it. Bandwagoner? I have ALWAYS rooted for MEXICO andthe ROCKETS and will never change.
    So... we should not even play the qualification games, should we? For what? :rolleyes:

What makes you a genius on "little to no chance"? Did you see the U.S. beat Spain? Did you know Mexico has never lost all three games in the cup?

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

The USA will get farther in this WC than Mexico will....you wanna sig baby ?

DD

8. SwoLy-D

^ :D Are you being serious? OK. We'll see about it once the seedings are done. Let's talk about this when we get the groups. You will back out in NO TIME because you will cry that they're no good. I've bet SIGs before with a U.S. fan not paying up their end of the bargain. I've been burned before, but I am up for a good wager for YOUR insisting.

9. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

Like that ever stopped the fans of Holland, Belgium, Sweden, Norway, Spain or Portugal from trash talking. They've come close and have had great teams, but that's not winning the WC either.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I know. It still amuses me a little though.

11. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

You got burned on a sig bet?!

I'm so sorry for you SwoLy!! :(

12. SwoLy-D

^ :rolleyes: wow... you show up just to show pity? LOL! :D Some U.S. "fans" don't pay up, that's how I was burned. Not all of them.

DaDakota, I'll give you a chance. Set yourself up a reminder for ourselves for December 4, 2009. This is the group seeding draw day. :eek: If you still want to do this, send me a PM... if you don't want to do it, just ignore it. :eek: It's up to you, but I will guess that on that day, you can decide.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

No screw that....let's do it now....I don't care about the seedings....you have said many times...you just got to play them, whoever they are.....

2 Weeks on Sig?

DD

14. SwoLy-D

Cool. Now you agree with me about the seedings and fall right into my trap. Would you agree to ONE month? Let's bet straight up points (wins are 3, draws are 1), then goal difference if points are tied. If all tied, then we both lose.

How about that? :eek:

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i was going to reply to a few posts but wow....

it is apparent there is a lot of people posting in a soccer thread that no nothing about the sport.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

This is kind of crazy. It's not like the U.S. or Mexico are powerhouses that can beat any team on any given day.

17. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Not anymore. And FIFA rankings are a joke, but you can expect Mexico to move up those ranking pretty fast in the next couple of months.

18. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

All of these countries have produced great players for the international scene with vision, flair and intelligence. They have a right to trash talk with game changers being part of their history.

19. SwoLy-D

Highlights from the HON-USA game... beautiful Landon pass for Casey score and not needing to place the ball so much, Donovan scores on a free kick.
    <object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kYyKoUeWSU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kYyKoUeWSU&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

:eek: Witness this... beautiful passing... great skills on the fabrication of a play... the culmination of a play in a score:
    <object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fftN6LUXShQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fftN6LUXShQ&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

It's what we were missing in the first few games of this hexagonal elimination round. Blanco can have my baby RIGHT NOW. :D

20. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/2009/10/davies_in_serious_accident.html

I hope he ends up OK, he had really hit his stride in the past year and has a bright future.