1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, May 5, 2010.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Geez, you need to take your head out of your own ass......ruthless winner...lol. :rolleyes:

With Suarez out from the match with Holland there is no way in hell they get to the finals.

2. max14

max14 Member

come on how can you argue that.

so if someone is having a game winning break away dunk and the opponent gives him a flagrant 2, does he shoot free throws or do we give him an automatic win.

Is handball worse than physically attacking someone.

3. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Stupid soccer, and it's stupid rules...

Where are the 1 on 1 Shootouts?...and why the hell isn't the clock counting down? Where are my 3...2...1...moments?

4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

lol @ idiots complaining about the handball.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why make some silly question or suggestion, and then run out of here with your tail between your tail? He's hiding.

Don't be a coward, Donny, I'm asking you nicely, man. What rule? :confused:

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sure Brazil supports had this exact confidence. Good luck.

7. mic

mic Contributing Member

I don't get the people who think that Ghana deserved to win & that this was a tragedy. Suarez got the red card & Ghana got the PK. There have been actual tragedies in which these types of situations go unpunished. Gyan should have had it in the bag w/ the PK, but he screwed it up.

8. rage

rage Member

The foul on a breakaway in BB is a good example.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Umm the majority of us are saying it was legit and a good move.

Btw, Houston - the US >>>>> wherever the hell you live

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Exactly the point I made in an earlier post

11. Zion

Zion Member

It's not in the spirit of the game, it's poor sportsmanship and could be viewed as outright cheating.

On the other hand Ghana should have scored on that penalty and didn't so they screwed up themselves.

You guys would all be talking a different story if your team was the one involved. Matter of fact if it was the other way round and a Ghanaian player had done what Suarez did you'd all be screaming bloody murder.

If i was an Uruguyan supporter i would be ashamed. i would rather go out with my head held up high. If i was a Ghanaian supporter i'd be disgusted at there pathetic penalty taking.

12. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

well said sir!

Suarez did the right thing and was punished for that with a red card. the blame should fall on gyan for missing that penalty.

13. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

The hand ball was a reaction that was properly carded and a penalty awarded.

It's almost impossible for a defender, in that situation, to assess the goal going in, then assess he has no other means to stop it, that there's no one else to stop it, and then make the save. Did y'all see his reaction? He wasn't celebrating the hand ball. They were pretty sure they'd lost the game. If the ball had gone in, it would have been a goal. But it didn't.

Ghana has to score.

If anyone thinks a hand ball in the box is great strategy and practices that, they're going to be conceding a lot more penalties then saving goals.

Ghana went 2 of 5 on penalties (including the one at the end of the game). Heartbreaking -- but not Uruguay, the refs of the game fault.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I consider myself a member of the international community thank you very much ;)

15. rage

rage Member

Since you used those kind of words ... here is one for you.
    Idiot.

16. junglerules

junglerules Member

Why no replay on goals, SwoLy? I think it's a crime that in a low scoring affair, goals can be improperly given or disallowed.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ I think the thing about that is that there is no "easy" way to institute it... unless you take away something else... the game already moves fast enough. Too bad, Mexico, England, Italy, and USA for bad refereeing. But BAD REFEREEING is part of the game. You remove the bad refs. You don't ADD something to continue to accept BAD refereeing. :eek:
    I guarantee you that those of us that have been playing football forever will understand Suarez, whether it was our rival or our teammate. He didn't allow the goal in, but dirty as it may have been, allowed Uruguay to stay in. No one is cursing his "OMG, you're dirty! Handball!" move. We prefer not to lose right there and then and getting another chance. AGAIN, like someone said already, Uruguay IS being penalized without him as a shooter in the Kicks and in the next game for that "cheat."

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I bet you root for the USA basketball team ;)

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I have been the one to do it and no one on either side said I was wrong. I got the red and we eventually lost. But my team applauded me for keeping us in the game. Many of the players from the other team said they would have done the same exact thing.

Calling it "outright cheating" is just plain whining.

[​IMG]

20. Zion

Zion Member

Wow! brilliant.

What a smart fellow you are.