1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa Final Draw (seedings)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SwoLy-D, Nov 19, 2009.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

DO NOT United States of Americanize football. Keep the replay crap out of Fútbol. SO a ref misses a call, then he misses a call. Besides, sir, this is about countries that already made it in, whether fair and square or not. We don't need that type of D&D in here. :eek:

2. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I agree, everyone remembers Maradona's hand of god.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DbbsytHDp2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DbbsytHDp2o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Sorry about derailing your thread, didn't want to make it into an argument, just found it interesting that Presidents and Prime Ministers are getting involved. There is no way in hell this game will get replayed, so nothing really to discuss...no D&D material here, sir. :p :grin:

4. SwoLy-D

I was talking to IRELAND's peeps about requesting REPLAY, CB. No worry, man. :cool: This is a BEAUTIFUL GAME already. Don't bastardize it with your technological crap, world.

Anyway, can we get on the "GIVE-THE-DARN-CONCACAF-A-SEED-ALfriggingREADY-FIFA!!!" bandwagon? :eek:

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Battle of Souths!

Are you Korean?

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I am Korean and it's really hard to see them getting out of group stages this time around... :(

7. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

8. BigSexy

BigSexy Contributing Member

Would your reaction be any different if lets say that Mexico were in Irelands place, and it cost Mexico qualification?

I agree that going towards technology is not necessarily the best approach, but 'favoritism' towards traditional powers sucks too.

Nothing has changed, and will most likely never change. Australia were robbed in the last world cup against Italy with a phantom penalty at the death!

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

it kinda sucks that Sweden didn't make it. Haven't kept up with them recently but I really liked ibrahimovich

10. SwoLy-D

I am ALWAYS against this "replay" crap with which has spoiled lazy and distrusting sports fans. My sentiments don't change because Mexico plays dirty or handles a ball with their hands. KEEP SOCCER TECHNOLOGY-FREE like it has been FOREVER. Again, I am answering you, sir, but this is not the thread for that, gents. :eek:

LOL - that basketball Henry photo is cheap but funny. :grin:

11. krnxsnoopy

Why do you say that? It all depends on the group drawings. I think Korea has a good shot at making to final 16.

12. SwoLy-D

:eek: No, it doesn't. If you're good, you're good no matter who's in your group.

13. krnxsnoopy

It's all about matchups. Anything can happen in the world cup.

14. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Riiiiiiiight. Then why do they bother seeding anyone at all?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No way Mexico or the USA gets a top seed....come on now.....let's get real.

DD

16. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Yep no way. I can't see a team outside of Europe and South America getting a seed. As an Aussie I am praying we get New Zealand, as most teams will be... as far as I know with us leaving Oceania to play in Asia we can still be drawn in their group. Can't wait for the World Cup, our team has put in some solid performances without playing any real powers except Argentina and Netherlands. While winning it would be rather unlikely I believe we can be a dark horse of making the last 8, a dive was probably the only reason we didn't make it last time after playing Italy.

17. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I feel so terrible for the Irish.

**** FIFA, it's not 1863 anymore, use Instant Replay.

18. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

New FIFA rankings are out...

1. Spain
    2. Brazil
    3. Netherlands
    4. Italy
    5. Portugal
    6. Germany
    7. France
    8. Argentina
    9. England
    10. Croatia

14. USA (down 3 spots)
    15. mexico (up 3 spots)

Based on this, I expect the top 7 to get the seeds, with South Africa getting the 8th. That and you can forget USA and mexico getting a top seeding.

19. SwoLy-D

Are you insane, man? Because you don't want teams who met three or four times during each of the years past to meet again during a world-watched event, and you don't want SUPER POWERS to take each other out in the round-robin. I do agree that some teams are weaker than others and that some teams have better players than others, but it's about having fair and square competitions that do not end up in 10-0, 15-15, or 0-0. :eek: Any team can surprise any OTHER team. EVERYONE wants to play "weak teams". Besides, you don't want Mexico, USA, and Honduras to be playing each other AGAIN during the round-robin stage. You know why.

leroy, I do not agree that all those 7 teams will get seeds, sir. BOOK IT. :(

EDIT:
    What was 2006? NOT real? :rolleyes:

#39 SwoLy-D, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Who out of the top 7 doesn't get one?