1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] English Premier League - 2010-11

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ClutchCity3, Aug 13, 2010.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Only reason why he's not playing is that he's out with the flu or something. He's staying at arsenal for this year. They won't let him leave.

2. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

However that should be a yellow..not red...god damn refs.. :mad:

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

That was a clear yellow to me. Red is excessive. However Joe Cole is a ****ing idiot for that move. He should've known better.

Take Ngog out, insert Torres and hope he doesn't suck. That's the only way we have a chance at winning. It seems the Reds are still getting to know each other and the new system.

Is it bad for thinking Koscielny's injury better be real for that red to be worth it?

4. rocketsbay

rocketsbay Member

For me that's a red, if a player is so stupid to make such a bad tackle in that part of the field then he deserves a red. A yellow if we're just looking at the tackle but a red for sheer stupidity.

5. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

N'GOAL!!!!!1-0!! :eek:

6. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Here comes Torres :grin:

7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

************************************ ARHHHHHHHHHHH ...sigh

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well it's a 1-1 draw, no thanks to Joe Cole's idiocy. I hated him with a passion as a Chelsea player (thought he was dirty as schitte) and I'm having mixed feelings now.

This game was all Liverpool despite the final score. The ball bounced too quick from the post for Reina to have caught the ball. Lucky bounce for the Arses.

All in all I think it was a pretty decent showing from my Reds and I'm happy about what I saw from our new signings (not named Cole).

I still wish we can rid of Ngog and Lucas for something better. It shouldn't be that difficult (especially with Lucas).

9. Gerrard

Gerrard Member

Awful way to lose those 2 points, deserved the win.

10. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Pepe doesn't deserved that :(

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

the Arses have a way with getting goals within the last few minutes of the game. IIRC they had the most goals in the EPL (maybe alos in the big 3 leagues) of scoring in the 90+ mins of the game.

It was unfortunate that the Reds have to be a part of that statistic today.

Btw I felt that for the majority of the second half the ref felt guilty for the red card and played make up for the rest of the game. Not gonna complain though.

12. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Out of all the EPL games I watched yesterday and today- the nil nil City vs Spurs was the best.

I am excited for Man U tomorrow. I really love the fact that the EPL is getting some run in this country. Anyone sign up for fox soccer.tv? It is my understanding that they show every EPL game. If that is true I am totally in.

13. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Doubtful. Funny how Mancini thinks he'll be the one to cure him despite the fact there's probably good odds Mancini doesnt make it past next season. (EPL title this season is doubtful so the owners will want to see a CL appearance next season and if Mancini doesnt get 4th spot then I'd be surprised if he comes back next season).
    Someone mentioned something about Robinho and some negative stuff about him. Robinho isnt even on Balotelli's level as an immature me-me douchebag. I can't think of another professional Balotelli's age and on the same top class league level who is a bigger w*nker. Wait till he finds out he's not starting over Tevez and Adebayor.

14. ferrari77

You should have probably watched the other Chelski players because JC was apart from Cech, the least dirty of them. It started with Carvalho, then you got Ashley and Drogba leading the dirty play brigade for Chelsea imho.

Liverpools the perfect situation for Joe Cole(I'll go on the record and say I'm a big fan of him hence my support for him. Been a fan since the West Ham days and think he'll do well at Merseyside).

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Tangerine SPEEEDO!

Blackpool is second in the standings! If the season was to end today, they'll be in Champions League or something.

16. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

That someone is me.

There is a big difference between Robinho and Balotelli. Robinho is a guy who does not play hard when in games, he seems to lack motivation to play, that in my opinion is a whole other issue. Balotelli is more of a hot head, but work ethic does not appear to be his problem. Keep in mind the amount of racism this guy has had to endure, it could not have been easy for a 19 year old kid. I'm sure a better situation will allow for him to flourish, his anger issues won't go away but that can be controlled to a certain extent. From what I know City has said they will allow him a learning curve and won't keep him on the bench, seem like Adebayor is going to be shown the door in the next couple weeks.

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

another messag board i go to picked as a whole to follow blackpool last season before they were relegated up, so that's one of the teams i'll follow this season.

18. ferrari77

:) GTFO here w/ the racism thing for Balotelli. I'm a black dude and I got no mercy for him. There's never a good reason for racist behaviour but in terms of negative fan reaction, Balotelli brings it on himself.
    Balotelli is just like Robinho and like a number of other selfish players. If he doesnt like the situation or the manager he won't play hard and will just coast. I don't feel Robinho lacks the motivation to play footy. I feel he lacked motivation @ Man. City. Certain players aren't keen on English football or living and playing in England and Robinho hates it. Otherwise a lack of motivation or being a head case hasn't been a problem at his other clubs. There's no reason to be coasting through games when you're 19 and I've seen Balotelli not give 100% in a couple of Inter matches and we know his lack of effort in training got him on Mourinho's bad side a few times. If an American ever gave a **** effort in training at a European club, they'd be clubless in no time. Balotelli's talent is a bit overhyped imho and his being a headcase would make me steer away but every manager thinks they'll be the one to fix a certain players attitude.
    Should be interesting to see how Balotelli does for Citeh but I have no love at all for the player and lucky for Mancini Craig Bellamy will also be on the way out or else Bellamy would teach Balotelli how to throw proper temper tantrums.

19. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

[​IMG]
    :rolleyes: Poor Dirk Kuyt

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

You are right he has done a few silly things and he has admitted to being immature about it, that to me is a step in the right direction.

Hmmmm, I watched the first few games he played with City and he looked like a lazy slob out there. His issue has ALWAYS been a matter of not playing consistently. He walks around the field until the ball lands on his feet, he's the WORST kind of player. It seems you have not watched him enough. He's also not young anymore, if a player is still playing like this at 26, he's done. Hell, there is a reason why nobody wants him at even half the price City paid.

There isn't a player playing today that hasn't coasted, Tevez might be one of the rare breeds that plays all out. Some players stick out more when they coast than others....but lacking the drive to play at a high level is another issue........Robinho!

Iverson quote ”Talkin’ ’bout practice, man” :)

You might be right on him being overhyped, but there is no doubt that he has the tools to be a star player. He has great strength, speed, skill, and control. These attributes can not be taught. THe only thing that might hold him back is his intellect.