1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Aguirre already is disgusted with most of the European league players for Mexico whom he seems to believe come in with a negative attitude and disrupt team chemistry. The only one I would believe would make a better difference would be Guardado. No more Marquez, Pardo, Osorio, Rodriguez.

This team is brand new, but we're still missing Blanco until August. I agree, though, half of these are starting material. :eek:

The ball seems to be in the Mexico half for 75% of the time that has transpired.

2. Kam

Kam Member

Fox Soccer Channel I think.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Fox Soccer Channel 654 on U-verse. :cool: It doesn't sound as exciting as in Univision, though.

It was 10 years ago, in this same stadium, that Mexico defeated the United States by 1-0 on a penalty kick my Abundis. :eek:

4. AkeemTheDreem86

I miss U-verse, I don't get FSC.

You're right, Swoly. It's pretty awesome on Uni. I guess "cambio" is a cross, right?

1 person likes this.
  5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Correctamundo: "cambio de juego" means switch the game to the other side (long pass, usually on the Mexican offensive).

"El Pistolero" is Robbie Rogers. :D

USA will stay back, back, back, and counter-attack... then score. We will look " :confused: " at the score, even though we knew it would happen. Same style, same game. We've seen this ALL the time. We just haven't learned.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

Really? That would be sad because Marquez is Mexico's best defender BY FAR. And he is a great passer from the sweeper position. I agree on Guardado, he is special. I still don't get why so many fans are still enamored with Blanco. He is still the fantastic playmaker he's always been, but in international competition, he's simply just too old and SLOW. I would just start the youngsters and let them develop. They are the future of EL Tri.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The FSC Telecast has a clear American bent to it..

I LOVE IT!

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Rocketeer, I agree with you, sir, except for Blanco. See how we're losing posession in the midfield? It shouldn't be Torrado in there, it should be Cuauhtémoc. His passes would be much more precise to a streaking Guardado, Giovanni, and just entering the game now, Vela.

Reporter Schwartz is saying the Mexican players were depressed on the missed opportunities. They said they would feel better about making the best of those chances. :eek:

9. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Member

Mannn I love the Spanish broadcast...

They're on top of everything...you could close your eyes and still be able to tell what's going on. They're on every pass...you know who passed it...and who received it. Plus there's funny commentary on like every missed opportunity.

I wish it was this exciting in English...I don't need pointless stats, annoying stories, and off-topic discussions. Just give me play-by-play, and I'm happy.

10. AkeemTheDreem86

El Pistolero just failed :(

11. Uprising

Uprising Member

Here you go Swoly. A penalty kick....so this doesn't count right? :p

BTW.,...that looked like a complete BS call. Dude just bulldozed over the defender.

12. Uprising

Uprising Member

btw....I love soccer. I HATE how pussyish players are.

Grimmacing like they were just hit by a truck. lol.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

GOL. :eek: Torrado 56'. Penalty kick off foul on Giovanni Dos Santos. Well worked passing into the large box. Nice body by Giovanni... got his shirt pulled.

I agree, Uprising. See how they worked the ball in there... see how the U.S. defender pulled Giovanni's shirt? I think it was well called. Meh, I know they're close to scoring more.

México's first made penalty kick in three tries. :(

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Viva Mexico!1

15. AkeemTheDreem86

This is exactly how I feel. It makes it hard to watch.

16. Uprising

Uprising Member

Been a fun game. But imo, the gold cup hasn't been ANYWHERE near as entertaining as the Last tourney in South Africa.

BTW, nice goal by MEX.

USA trapping is NOT working. They keep trying to get MEX offsides...not working.

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

This one counts x2, UPRISING.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllll!!!! :mad:

18. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Member

Vela + Gio = El Tri

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Quarantas and Cooper coming in. U.S. is putting "toda la carne al asador" or... the entire CAVALRY into the game.

Vela is the difference in this game. OR, it might be the U.S.'s lack of defense. :eek:

20. Uprising

Uprising Member

LOL someone just got arrested on the field ROFL.