1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Football] 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SwoLy-D, Jul 1, 2009.

1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

2. tXhiggs

tXhiggs Member

does anyone else get the feeling this is being filmed with a cell phone camera? FSC is awful...

Happy 4th to everyone. USA!

3. Convictedstupid

Its a good game if youre american.

4. leroy

leroy Member

A good start for the USMNT. Great to see Holden net one. A win Wed. against Honduras will solidify a spot in the next round.

I'd prefer Bradley doesn't call in the extras for the knockout stage. Let the kids feel the pressure of an international win-or-go-home game.

5. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member

I wouldn't mind seeing him mix in the better players from this group with some of the regular starters to see how well they combine with each other.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's not FSC, it's a combined feed. Most likely FSC bought the ability to jump on the Telemundo cast, both are owned by NBC/MSN.

7. Cowboii

Cowboii Member

El Salvador is getting better & better. :)

8. iRonRon

iRonRon Member

WOO! I am going to the game in houston. Its sure to be fun. I love the atmosphere.

9. tXhiggs

tXhiggs Member

oooo gotcha...I was worried thats what the champions league was gonna look like next year haha.

10. surrender

surrender Member

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

That is insane about Gooch. Much love to my Nigerian American dude. I know a couple of other Nigerians in the DMV area that know his family well and they must be over the moon. Plus, with no Maldini and an aging defence he should get ample opportunity to prove himself. This has to be one of if not the biggest euro signings in US national team player history. Man.United has been done but to have a player sign for one of the other top 5 teams like Milan has not been done.

Excellent stuff and excellent work by Gooch's agent in waiting to strike at the right moment.

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

All FSC does is buy rights to games by other networks, they rarely film. MLS games of the week are the few that they actually do. For Champion's League they are just going to buy the rights to broadcast the feed here in the states, but some European company will film it.

13. leroy

leroy Member

To have a field player signed by a team like AC Milan is simply fantastic news. I never understood what the holdup was getting Gooch on a top tier team. Standard is a nice team and all in the Belgian league, but Gooch is on the verge of being a world class defender. He might already be one of the best in the world in the air. I'd still like to see him work on his touch and his patience a bit. He has a tendency to clear the ball too quickly when there was an outlet to the mid's.

Congrats to Gooch!

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Gooch picked the wrong sport, he should have been a basketball player or a football player. Soccer, stealing America's athletes everyday. I love it. See, we need to do that, go find players who went undrafted in the NBA draft and invite them to play in the MLS. Who knows, we might generate some raw talent. Heck, look at how we got Dream. He was a Goalie and a handball player. American Soccer needs to take a lesson from that.

15. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Member

I'm not that high on Gooch moving to Milan. This being a World Cup year, we need all of our stars getting regular playing time at club level, and I'm afraid he may spend a lot of time on the bench next season. That's not good for our World Cup run. Here's hoping he becomes a regular starter, but I'm not holding my breath.

16. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Member

Bump. US vs Honduras starts in 45 minutes on FSC.

17. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Member

Other than the goal that was perfectly set up for him in the first game, Adu has been awful. He doesn't need to be anywhere near the national team until he starts getting consistent playing time at club level.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

goooool gooooooool gooooooool gooooooool goooooooool goooool

bonita

spanish broadcasters are awesome cant beat them.

usa 1
    hon 0

:)

19. leroy

leroy Member

The 1st goal was a thing of beauty. Ching's was a bit of luck, but I'll take it. Only need a draw against powerful Haiti to get through.

Adu and Feilhaber are both done for the tourney as they both went back to Europe to join their clubs. Should give Holden the start against Haiti. I have wanted to see the Davies/Ching combo more, so hopefully they'll both start.