1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Food]Best athlete owned restaurants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ramu3, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

For a variety of reasons – an effort to diversify investments, to create a post-career business opportunity, ego or challenge – many gridiron heroes and ballpark messiahs have splashed their names on an establishment that also serves as a shrine to their athletic glory. For most, the formula is pretty standard: generic pub food, lots of TVs, and even more memorabilia covering the walls. The only thing usually missing is the athlete. Don’t expect to spot Brett Favre greeting guests at his steakhouse in Green Bay..............

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ys-dailymeal-best_athlete_owned_restaurants_042111

Been to any of these before ?

2. VanityHalfBlack

3. dback816

dback816 Member

Damn he's fat

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

I thought Yao's was mediocre at best... cept it's overpriced. That's why I'd much prefer going to Hooters across the street.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

VY just wins. :cool:

6. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Come on negative Nelly, that's a really cool pic of 2 of the best centers never to win a championship, both with a storyline that includes the Rockets.

Yao - do you get sick of hearing about Olajuwon?
    Pat - every damn day of my life.
    Yao - I thought it was just me.
    Waiter - but if Jordan hadn't retired...

2 people like this.
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

Brandon Backe's place didn't make it on here? It went strong for the whole 3 weeks it was open ha

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Have anyone here tried Drexler's Bbq restaurant? I heard good things about it.

9. hoopstar

hoopstar Member

I had it about 10 years ago and it was good. I've heard they had some changes and it isn't as good anymore though

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ditka's!

[​IMG]

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

That Hooters has been closed for almost 2 years.

I work like 5 mins away from that Yao's the past 5 years, but can't see myself spending so much for Chinese food where I can get GREAT Chinese food off Bellaire for 1/2 the price.

13. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm just curious, but where's your favorite spot for Chinese in that part of town? My grandparents live in Sharpstown and one of my favorite things about going over there is that they always take me and my wife to Tan Tan on Bellaire.

Unlike most Asian places I go to, I almost never order the same thing twice. Haven't been dissapointed yet.