1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Food / Beer / Music / Hangout Spot] Moon Tower Inn

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by kpsta, Dec 20, 2010.

1. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Holy Crap! I know it's been around a few months now, but has anyone else hit up Moon Tower Inn yet? It's over on Canal St in the 2nd Ward... the website http://damngoodfoodcoldassbeer.com/wordpress isn't too well developed yet, but they're also on Facebook.

Yesterday, I went there with some friends and had a buffalo meat hot dog, a slow-roasted pork sandwich, and some great Texas beers (Convict Hill Oatmeal Stout, Abita Andygator Dopplebock, Bootlegger Brown Ale, etc.). It has an icehouse feel to it: open outdoor seating, firepits, and a little music stage.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Nice, what is there facebook page???

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Allrite alltire, party at the Moontower, full kegs. Everybody's gonna be there, you outa dump the two dorks your with and come with me. But that's allrite, we'll take care of that later.

4. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Just look up Moon Tower-Inn Houston in the search page... you will find it.

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Do they check for Ray Bans and unicorn tattoos at the door for entry?

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Any more of y'all suckers tried this place yet? Best dogs on the planet. Sandwich was good too. Freedom Tower thread made me crave Moon Tower. Go figure.

#6 Ziggy, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I may try it there next fall, but I will never "Friend" them. Now me and my loser friends are gonna head out to buy Aerosmith tickets. Top priority of the summer.

2 people like this.
  8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's no MOON Tower Inn. [​IMG]
    FIXED. :eek:

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I like Moon Tower a lot, but it's hard to justify a trip over to the East side when I live across the street from the W. Alabama Ice House and Tacos Tierra Caliente. The ice house has free hot dogs on Friday. Moon Tower is bomb, though.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Free hot dogs? No ****? Everyone tells me to try that truck but I never do. I've had great taco truck tacos, I find it hard to believe its as good as people say. I'm close to West Alabama Ice House, its my kind of place, yet I've never been. Oh well.

And yeah, Moon Tower is out there which sucks, I rarely make the trip. I think they're getting a food truck but it wont serve hot dogs, so I hear.

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

The ice house is chill as ****, one of my favorite places in Houston. The beer is cold and plentiful, people don't mind striking up a conversation, and as long as you're discrete and conscientious, you can light up a J out back. And yeah, that taco truck gets the job done for real.

12. HombreDeHierro

speaking of which...

House of Blues upper level seating RULES, especially when you can smoke a bleez. The Mos Def and Talib Kweli concert was amazing

13. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

I go on Tuesdays for the movie night. Great place to drink some heady beer and blow a jay, sorta of a austin vibe? to cheap to buy a 7 dollar hot dog though, although I hear there good.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They're worth $14. Didn't know you could do that there. Thought Last Concert Cafe was the place for that.

15. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

I went with some friends not too long ago on a trip to Houston. I was pleasantly surprised. Back in my day, it would not have been in the cards to hang out on Canal St.

Cool spot.

#15 the futants, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Been a couple times.

Delicious.

17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I went about 4 times last season before and after Rockets games. Loved the IPA's and the Hot Dogs were great.

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Gonna have to namedrop Hubcap Grill in the Heights, sounds about the same as the 2 mentioned here. Killer burgers and wide selection of beers.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nah, that's a burger place. Top 10 burger place. Moon Tower is a top 1 hot dog place. Petrol Station's got some yummy burgers.

20. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

omg yes. my friend actually introduced me to both west alabama ice house and moon tower, both of which are now my favorite hangout spots.

the grilled three-cheese sandwich at moon tower is unreeeeeal.

1 person likes this.