1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Follow up on accident near 610 last week

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by grt004, May 10, 2016.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't think that's plain murder. If you're committing a felony robbery and shoot a witness, it'd be felony murder. I believe the punishments you can face in this scenario are more harsh than a simple murder can be.

But, in all the examples you cite, there is a connection between the felony committed and the murder that results. The robbery makes the murder worse. If you get in a fatal accident because you've stolen a car and might be escaping or maybe driving like a bonehead, that means the death was due to your gross negligence and malevolence and not a simple accident. Likewise, a death during an arson is due to your malevolence and not an accident. But, in this case the kids in the car isn't really related to the death of some other driver. However upon further reading, the felony is not for driving minors while intoxicated; the felony is a felony DWI that has been upgraded from a misdemeanor DWI to a felony DWI because of the presence of the children. So, the operative charge here is felony DWI, and she killed somebody while committing the felony DWI. So, it is related and murder is an appropriate charge, imo. Now, some lawyer please set me straight.

2. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2 people like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

One of the worst posts I've seen on the BBS in a long while.

"Fu**'em, they're dead, why should they inconvenience my three favorite people in the world---me, myself, and I?"

1 person likes this.
  4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This thread, in it's own subtle way, is slowly turning into a classic.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

RIP to the motorcyclist.

I ride, know the dangers, he would be alive if he were in a car. His choice to ride a motorcycle is partially to blame for his death.

BORC (baked on road crust) basically sums it up for me.