1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Folks, this is real: Obama targets Republicans for Chrysler dealer closings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, May 28, 2009.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Not really.

Based on your response, I kind of don't think you know what a personal vendetta is. Because my reply had nothing personal about it, and certainly nothing of a vendetta indicated.

This entire thread, much like the story, is just absurd and worthless.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

And wouldn't the side who is accusing someone of doing something wrong bear the burden of proof?

It would also be huge if Barrack Obama had connectiosn with Al Qaeda terrorists or if George W. Bush planned 9/11.

There is no evidence any of these fantasies is true.

Because Obama is from Chicago he would be "doing things" like someone else from the same city?

I'm trying to remember where Obama has done such a thing in the past.

All the facts aren't in. In fact, there is pretty much no relevant fact that is "in" to support this allegation.

It's just funny how some people are grasping at straws on this one.

If anything, if I were Obama, I'd do more things like this (i.e. not intentionally screwing over Republicans businesses, but looking kind of like it to the mathematically challenged) just to bait kooks into revealing themselves.

Between this and the various Sotomayor critics the various rightwingers are just having too many facepalm moments.

Obama = Vujacic, Republicans = Wafer.

3. Major

Major Member

Certainly true. And if you are Satan, that could be huge too. If the moon has martians on it, that could be huge as well. All have similar levels of evidence to them.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sad fact is that there is a decent voting size of Conservatives who believe this stuff. Maybe not enough to regain control of government again anytime soon. So if its being passed around enough, there should be information to balance the equation. Some topics here have helped me shut up that unhinged coworker who thinks Bama will take away his guns and his right freedoms.

I get in trouble posturing on the motivations of others, but there is some worth to be gained from these threads.

5. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

90% of Chrysler Dealerships in the US funded GOP

Yep Obama is picking on those who didn't contribute to him what a Tyrant :rolleyes:

6. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, that's John Voight's car. Or is it Jon?

#46 gifford1967, May 29, 2009
    Last edited: May 29, 2009
  7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I will take the over and then some!

8. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Don't worry, fatty often has vocabulary issues.

affilience? affilience? Really?

9. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Maybe if the car dealerships would have unionized this wouldn't be happening to them.

10. Fatty FatBastard

Blame this site's spellcheck. I didn't think that looked correct, but it was incorrectly changing it to this.

11. Fatty FatBastard

Seriously?

There was enough in that article to give it a closer look. Period.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

which parts warrant a closer look?

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

From a guy who's been here a decent amount of years, when I first got here it was a lot more balanced. Of course before Katrina, and before it was apparent Iraq was a mistake, this place was a lot more balanced. It was still mostly dem/left leaning but you had a few more conservative posters who weren't just repeating the winger talking points. its interesting that tj talks about sticking around for a while, because from sticking a while for a while from 12/2002, the bush believers has totally changed tune instead of a few holdouts.

if i'm here another 7 years it will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

But we already have given it a closer look. We've seen that Chrysler selected the dealerships in their original proposals and we've seen that the overwhelming majority of car dealerships are owned by Republicans. Those are FACTS that disprove the article.

15. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Ya, watch out for those obamabots. If you hear this, you *are* the resistance...

[​IMG]

16. gifford1967

Supporting Member

Do Republicans ever take personal responsibility for anything?

ClutchFans has a spellcheck? Who knew?

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

QFT!!!

18. Fatty FatBastard

Dude, get over yourself. You want to get into a personal attack with someone, find someone else.

19. Fatty FatBastard

Can you show me where the article is that shows which dealerships were going to be closed, or if it is in that Chrysler PDF, which page it's on, because I didn't see it.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Besides, it's funny enough to go from "Folks, this is real" to "Folks, this might be real cuz it sounds like something they would do in Chicago."