1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Folks, this is real: Obama targets Republicans for Chrysler dealer closings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, May 28, 2009.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Obama forced Chrysler to close these dealerships. that's the how the article reconciled the fact that the Chrysler closed these dealers.

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

'cept it was dictated to them by Rahm n' Rat- kinda blose up your entire premise there.

3. Major

Major Member

Except it wasn't. GM and Chrysler both included closing a large chunk of dealerships in their initial proposed viability plans submitted to the administration when they were asking for federal funds. That was before the auto task force made their changes and recommendations.

4. Major

Major Member

5. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

What is the real objective of these few posters that continually post anti-Obama threads in a forum that is largely pro-Obama?

They aren't going to change anybody's opinions, especially with the way they consistently slant the facts and do more bashing than rational debating.

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that they are pursuing simple-minded, personal internet agendas and those personal agendas appear to be more important to these posters than the real issues they pretend to care about.

Am I wrong?

6. Major

Major Member

Here's the Chrysler plan:

http://www.financialstability.gov/docs/AIFP/ChryslerRestructuringPlanSummary.pdf

Chrysler will continue to work with its dealer body to rationalize the number of dealerships to enhance the long-term profitability of all dealers.

What a disaster of a thread. This is what happens when you use opinion pieces as your evidence. Nothing good comes for the Obama admin with closing these dealerships - you're talking 100,000+ jobs, many in smaller communities which will have widespread secondary effects.

7. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Nope. They're just pushing buttons and waiting to see a response. What's even more absurd is that the same people continue to respond to them, and so it keeps on going. As much as they attack them constantly, they feel the need to keep doing it. Why? Who knows...

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

not to mention the chrysler has shut down plants, some that will never open, not to mention the UAW has made concession, etc, etc

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Many of us believe the twins are DNC operatives, because they could hardly do more to further the cause of democrats. The third amigo/horseman is more of a mystery. That is not to say interesting. Agree that the threads are largely pointless; I'm trying to post a bit more in the basketball forums instead of just lurking there.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Are you expressing shock and disgust at your own flimsy analogy?

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

In short, yes. The reason you are wrong is probably because you are an Obama voter who is new to politics...your sense of perspective is very limited, as evidenced by your incredulous reaction to any opinion counter to a pro-Obama stance. That's already -- it's excusable. Like a lot of Obama voters, you probably don't know much about politics, your approach to politics is more emotional than rational or well thought out, and you have probably fallen for the media's pro-Obama marketing campaign. My advice to you would be to stick around a while -- learn things as you go, begin to follow the issues, and begin to form opinions on your own.

12. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Thanks. ;)

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Any bets on how often basso, tj, and texxx mention this during the next 8 years as proof (Proof I say!) of Obama administration corruption?

I put the over/under at 170.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You are right that I know very little about politics but I did not vote for Obama. I didn't vote at all. I was just curious about the motives of a few posters around here. They don't appear to want to engage in any real debate and discussion. They know the makeup of their audience and seem to post things with the explicit goal of triggering angry reactions. They know they won't change minds and certainly aren't doing anything to appeal to the people they disagree with. All this begs the question: What is their objective? I honestly don't think it is to rationally discuss real issues with people they disagree with in order to reach a greater understanding in the pursuit of a common goal - making America a better place. At least that certainly doesn't appear to be their objective.

I would have raised the same question if the situation was reversed and this forum was mostly anti-Obama with a few pro-Obama posters doing the same thing. My point really had nothing to do with politics. This forum could have been totally unrelated to politics. It could have been a few Lakers fans posting inflammatory stuff in a Rockets forum even though sports are obviously very different in nature than politics. I don't know if you are familiar with the Astros forum but there was this poster that went by A.J. who would come into game threads last season and say things with the obvious goal of pissing people off. He wasn't there to have any kind of real discussion. He liked being the enemy and just wanted to piss people off. That's sort of what I see around here. It really isn't very different.

#34 BrooksBall, May 28, 2009
    Last edited: May 28, 2009
  15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Embarassing for sure. A silly article. They are closing dealerships. Most agree this is necessary. Dealership owners as the article says tend to be Republican. More Republicans are laid off than Dems, therefore discrimination.

Actually most of the employees of the dealerships might be Democrats so then I guess we would have no discrimination.

Many bankers are Republicans. Many bankers are laid off therefore Obama is engaged in another fiendish plot to lay off Republicans.

16. Fatty FatBastard

I see typical bashing on both ends here with little substance.

The fact is if this administration is specifically targeting profitable dealerships to decrease competition for unprofitable dealerships that have party affilience, this could be huge.

Sounds a lot like the Ol' Chicago way of doing things.

All the facts aren't in, but this could get ugly fast if true.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have an odd definition of the word "fact". It doesn't mean personal guess at what you think is happening.

18. Fatty FatBastard

You have an odd definition of reading comprehension. Or do you understand what "if" means?

Dumbass party affiliations. I'm actually wanting him to succeed. The Country needs it. But I will watch for this nonsense.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

The jesus facepalm.

It gets no facepalmier than this, folks.

20. Fatty FatBastard

Personal vendettas rather than reasoning?

[​IMG]