1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Foiled: Iranian plot to kill Saudi Ambassador to US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 11, 2011.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Still it will be remembered for many years by the average low info American that the Iranian government was trying to kill the Saudi ambassador in the USA and that is one reason we need to sanction, or send drones or invade or whatever.

2. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL, I don't think anyone would suggest that Iran has great military strength. Its the strategy they would employ that would cause the greatest damage. BTW Bahrain is a majority Shia country, the Sunni's are in minority but hold almost complete power. What happened there was a sad and pathetic show of hypocrisy by those who support 'democracy'. It was ruthless cold blooded murder of innocent protesters.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

DUDE

you haven't said why the government isn't being transparent, in this thread, on this subject. unless you're just saying you just want to complain about the government for the sake of complaining

how in this arrest is the government not being transparent. not in the drone attack in yemen. there was no reason to bring that up here

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

another complaint just to complain.

rachel maddow made a really good point on her show when this story broke. this is how law enforcement is supposed to work.

she then went into some other cases that the government hasn't propogandized if i'm allowed to make up a word. we can debate the merrits of killing citizens who supposedly turned to enemy combatants.

but there is really nothing to debate here

5. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It was a group of Iranian spies trying to forment unrest in Bahrain to spread the warped islamic revolution into a Shia neighboure. Luckly majority of the Shias in Bahrain didnt join this plot as they dont want to become a islamic country.

6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

LOL, an Islamic country? The protesters wanted better representation in "government", they were asking for their interests to be heard. Were there Iranian spies in Bahrain, I'm sure they were, but its not like the Shia's in Bahrain were not fighting for a legitimate cause. If you believe in "democracy" you wouldn't be against the protesters, regardless if Iran was involved. The majority were and are being treated like second class citizens, this isn't classified information, its well known. The US gave the green light to take out these protesters for the interests of the region. You tell me who was in the wrong here.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I said the majority didnt get sucked in into the iranian game. They didnt ask for a islamic system.Despite the massive amount of money and stooges trained by the Iranian intelligence service and the qods brigade which only takes orders from the grand terrorist khamenie

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

When I brought it up in here I was being very general. Just like this thread doesn't have to do with the Constitution. I'm connecting the issues of the last several weeks into one lament. That's why I brought it up.

I know that in the D&D it's not ok to reference other issues, other threads, other thoughts, etc. unless you are doing it in support of liberal ideas, but give me an exception here.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

why, see that's my point. just drop my complaints about the obama admin in any thread. there's nothing wrong with this arrest, nothing wrong with obama's reaction, but i must complain about something. as i said, this and the drone attack are two wholly separate issues.

and don't try to change the subject, its your fault i didn't understand that your complaint was just general and that even though its still dubious that you claim you remembered bringing it up. but i will take that explanation because it just proves my point you're just complaining and i love the linking the obama admin to the bush admin.

you and rhad are becoming peas in a pod.

i mean seriously, just like i responded to glynch, this is how law enforcement is supposed to work and people compalin. even some (not you) suggesting the story is fake LOL

10. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This is a regional war that has been going on for decades. Iran under the Shah had the military advantage over it's neighboures and even Israel would have struggled against the might of Shah's army. Then the mullah's started their new tactics by using terrorisim as their weapon of choice in the regional conflict.

Back then it was the Persian and the Arab race now it's the Shia, Sunni struggle. Shah wanted a Shia persian superpower persian gulf and now the clerics want a Shia dominated region against the sunni gulf kingdoms.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't consider them unrelated issue. They are issues relating to the foreign policy of the United States. The article I linked to (don't know if you read it) does a great job explaining my beef and why these things are connected. By overall sigh is that Obama was supposed to be so different yet he is just the same as Bush on things like this. That's not complaining just to complain.

This is so baffling to me. In your post you said I hadn't responded to you calling me out on the transparency issues. In that post you said you've seen me make the transparency issue in other threads. I responded to that post to say my transparency issue being referenced in the post could be explained by reading the long thread on Awlaki. I then said I haven't said the word transparency since 2010. Of course I know I said it in this thread. I'm not stupid. I was responding to your "you've made this claim in other threads" point. How is it you've "seen me" make this "claim" in other threads (transparency) when I haven't said the word in over year (prior to today.)
    Yes on foreign policy I think Bush and Obama are very much alike. Glad you love it.

There are worse people in this forum to be lumped in with.

I have yet to complain about law enforcement arresting this gentleman as far as I can recall. Do you believe I am complaining about the guy being arrested?

12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

It's an Iranian game to want to be treated fairly in your country? These people were not looking to topple the ruling minority. They were asking for a voice, please go do some reading on what their requests were. It was quite an orderly protest UNTIL the Bahraini government saw that it was getting too large. They started cracking down on them with violence. I've stated this for the third time, go to an impartial news outlet and find out about these protests. This wasn't a situation like Libya where one tribe started civil war, it was very different.

Thanks for the history lesson, I'm well aware of the Shia and Sunni conflict. What are you trying to say? You think most of those protesters were part of the Qod army? That's crazy talk.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i love the line for line battle of attricition. anyway, there was no reason to complain about transparency IN THIS THREAD

unless you can explain that, consider your referencing the other topic to be petty.

just give the administration credit FOR THIS ARREST and move on.

see when you start complaining about successes, you have a problem.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

on the comparison to bush and obama on foreign policy, yeah, i can only think of one single difference

one of them so far has been successful

ba dum tah