1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Foiled: Iranian plot to kill Saudi Ambassador to US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 11, 2011.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

its not even limited, we are working with yemen, dude wasn't an ambassador, its a stupid comparison.

its not the article

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

what's not transparent about what happened. you have the complete details in the salon article and you complain about transparency? seriously, i don't get it

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the projection from this event is crazy. who in the obama administration argued that we need to ramp up the war on terror?

i don't disagree that this event may be overblown, but that's largely a media phenomenon

man the interwebs

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

Why are we 'discussing' when we could be 'melting'?

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Yeah, it's the media that's overblowing. It's a media talking head that's making the talk show rounds talking about holding Iran to account.

I mean, what, can't people get off Obama's jock here? Making it a big deal? Pssssh. You mean having the Attorney General, Vice President and Secretary of State go on tv and talk about big of a deal this is and that we need to unite the world to isolate Iran as much as possible for this blatant violation of international law is making a big deal out of something? I think not! It's just a media creation!

What's wrong with the media in America when they make a big deal out of a story that has senators calling it an act of war and all of the top people in the president's administration trying to make sure we don't UNDERPLAY this horrible and scary event. I mean come on media, the fact that the administration has said they will use this to appeal to all the leaders of the world to isolate Iran should be a clue that this is NOT a big deal.

Damn the media!

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

God forbid the president be upset with a country we already have sanctions against trying to assinate an ally's ambassador on our soil.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

You are the one who said this is overblown because of the media. I'm just pointing out what a dumb comment that was when The President, Vice President, Secretary State, Attorney General and several other ranking officials in the United States government have called this a big deal and are threatening Iran.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so are you gonna answer how the government isn't being transparent? i've seen you make this claim on a number of issues

10. weslinder

weslinder Member

I haven't heard that, but they sure are painting a picture of a mean and dangerous Iran, one to be feared.

No, the media is just following the administration's lead.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Puzzled by your post, I ran a search. I don't see where I've ever made this claim. Unless my search isn't working right, I see that I haven't even used the word transparent in the D&D since 2010 and even then it was only in my post because I was quoting Aroundtheworld.

So what claims are you talking about?

As far as transparency on this issue, yes, I don't believe the government is being transparent with regards to the Awlaki situation. You can re-read that thread and look at posts by myself and Rhad and the articles linked to in order to get an idea on what things I think are happening that are not transparent.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

all you had to do was go to post 95. i already quoted it once, i guess when you make a bunch of baseless claims they get lost

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i think in you pursuit of isolationist policy, you would be careful not paint a rosy picture of iran.

i agree, i was wrong that this story is being driven by the media

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Oh Snap !

DD

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Look at the brains on Brad! I know I said it in this thread hotshot. That's what I just addressed in that post I made. You want to know what I think isn't transparent regarding the Awlaki deal you can read a whole thread where I laid out my issues.

You said I've made this claim about other things. That's what I meant when I said I don't see where I've used the word since 2010 (prior to the one in this thread smartass.)

Take shots at me though and maybe it will help you recover from your baseless claim that this "plot" is only overblown because of a media phenomenon.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Member

I know many have disparaged the FBI's penchant for enabling small timers into "terrorist" plots. However, this is a standard tactic that can lead to bigger fish.

Would it make a difference if the FBI, through their enabling of small time miscreants, hoodwinked the Iranian government (or some representatives) into participating in such a plot?

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

As much as this story makes no sense, and the Iranian officials are quickly trying to defuse the situation, these clerics are pretty much validating the story:

http://www.shia-news.com/fa/pages/?cid=20367#

In The Name of the Lord of Shohada and Siddiqin

When the Holly Prophet (saww) said: "I listen and lounge Rjla Ynady or Llmslymn Yjbh Bmslm Flys" (If somebody calls for help and a Muslim hear him and do not help, he is not a Muslim), he was looking at the whole world of the humanity, not just where he lived. He didn't mean a Muslim is one who just say I am a Muslim, pray five times a day or go to Mecca to perform Hajj. If we consider that the Holly Prophet (saww) is innocent and sinless and never talk nonsense (it is what all Muslim believe in), so we must come to see it is the will of Allah for all Muslims not to be apathetic to what is happening to the people who asked for help and must help them in all conditions and with all the available sources.

To make it short, it is time to show the supporters of international terrorism, whose hands are colored by the blood of innocents, specially the Shias, that they can't do whatever they desire and there are some fearless youth who don't care what is fear.

"Shia News" has the honor of registering the brave youth and freedom seekers of the world who have the desire to help the oppressed people of Bahrain. The youth by the discretion of Grand Ayatollahs and authorities give a lesson to the aggressors to be record in the history.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

don't front, if you were including the transparent claim in this thread, you would have addressed it instead of going into a diatribe about how you haven't used the word since 2010 including claiming the accusation in another thread. at least i admitted my mistake and my mistake is still subjective. yours was just dumb

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Dude, I did address it on this issue by directing you to the thread where we discussed it at length.

I've got no problems owning up when I make a mistake or say something stupid on the internet. This didn't happen to be one of those times.

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This was a payback by the clerics who saw their failed coupe deta in Bahrain foiled by the Saudi special forces and if you bomb our nuke reactors, we can hit you anywhere anytime. They have no military advantage so fear is their main instrument of terror.

Iran's military would be torn into shreds because it lacke high tech capeabelity and is ancient. Only fighter they posses that can be relied on to challenge the USAF is the Tomcat and it's long range AIM-54.Their Fulcrums are the basic A export versions with no medium to long range capeabelity.The rest are a bunch of 1960 technology like the F-4's and the F-5's.

Their Navy or the regular navy has a few frigates along 3 kilo subs and thats about it.