1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Foiled: Iranian plot to kill Saudi Ambassador to US

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/11/alleged-plot-to-kill-saudi-ambassador-drives-us-push-to-isolate-iran/

Alleged Plot to Kill Saudi Ambassador Fuels U.S. Push to 'Isolate' Iran as Pols Call Plot an 'Act of War'

Rep. Michael McCaul R-Texas, said if it was indeed sponsored by the Iranian government, "this would constitute an act of war not only against the Saudis and Israelis but against the United States as well."

Rep. Ted Poe, R-Texas, speaking on Fox News, called the plot an "act of war" against the United States.
    "We have to do something," he said, saying the specifics of the response should be left up to the Defense Department and the president.

2. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

US Treasury imposes sanctions on Iran's Mahan Air

The US has imposed sanctions on an Iranian airline it says flew members of an elite force linked to an alleged plot to kill the Saudi envoy to the US.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15281536

Well I think this is the first response to the Iranian plot. I'm guessing the war drums will start rolling soon. Israel and Saudi can't wait, this plot might sway some states on the sidelines to join their cause against terrorist Iran.

Iran says Wall Street protests to topple US capitalism

Iran's supreme leader has told a mass rally that the Occupy Wall Street movement will bring down capitalism in America.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15278925

3. Dubious

Seems like the we could back track the wire transfer.

And I would like to hear more about this 'elite' force.

4. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I dont think the majority of posters here have suggested that it was made up...I think they're just waiting for more details and find elements of the story questionable and/or problematic.

And even if I did think it was made up, liberals at msnbc saying otherwise certainly wouldnt sway my opinion the other direction.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would be surprised if the liberals at msnbc would say anything that could be construed as criticism of Obama. A conspiracy theory that involves Obama fabricating a pretext for war or else gullibly falling for some 3rd party ruse to incite war would certainly not be broadcast by them.

If anyone were to do that, it'd be Fox, but they probably want to fight more than anyone.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

I had heard that they were going to kill the ambassador and try to pin it on Israel, so as to add more tension to the conflict. If that is the case, then it's evident that Iran isn't interested in having a Palestinan state.

7. sinobball

sinobball Member

This reminds me, some years ago I saw a 1980s (?) TV movie made by Lifetime which was interesting. I can't remember or find the title but here's the plot:

Basically there are a bunch of terrorist attacks in the US. The FBI director(protagonist) is called to the White House and everybody is screaming Iran. At the end of the movie it was discovered by the FBI that the leader was indeed Iranian (or Persian) except he's hiding in a deserted industrial plant in Detroit, and he has nothing to do with (or even against?) the Iranian government. As soon as the FBI captured him with photos taken, the terrorist was killed by a sniper. The director knew it was the CIA that killed his captive. Two days later the President announced war on Iran. The FBI director quit. Something like that.

8. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Not really clumsy. Probably a brilliantly successful piece of propaganda. It was front page in the Chronicle, virtually every newspaper in the country and reportedly breathlessly last night on the ABC News. The whole point was probably to get a story in the news cycle so folks will remember how fiendishly evil Iran is.

Years later it will still be remembered. Nobody will remember that there was no proof and nothing much happened.

#48 glynch, Oct 12, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  9. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

11. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

When all the propaganda and the politicians are working toward the same direction and having the same tones, something evil is brewing.

Just dont know why people still love to fall into the same trap.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Troops are already over there take out iranian leadership give it back to the good people of Iran.

And yes i jest.

DD

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

when did Mr Bean start backing Iran??

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I think Obama needs to just routinely bomb their nuclear reactors.

16. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

As a Iranian I don not want Americans Soldiers in my country nor American Government meddling, We can take care of this by our self.

17. Dubious

I think this is a good assessment. If anyone thinks we don't fall for cheap manipulations, I would have you recall Yellow Cake, where we jumped on dubious information because it served the agenda.

Maybe it's one of those fake sweepstakes things where they round up the people with outstanding warrants. Obama will get all 100 senators in the room and school them on the jobs bill.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Don't worry, we won't be sending soldiers.
    [​IMG]

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While I would never put it past an Iranian government official to plan an attack against the US, the fact that they were going to use Los Zetas makes me question the whole thing.

The only way I'd buy this is if Los Zetas was the true source for this story and the Fast and Furious Eric Holder meant to give them those guns. Stranger things have happened.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Don't worry, nobody will invade Iran.