1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flying with Small Children - Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Jul 11, 2012.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Well, I experimented in college like everyone else did, but I don't see what that has......

OH, you mean the kids. Got it.

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Ever seen your kids...
    [​IMG]
    On WEED?

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

No judgement on you at all.

I just have avoided flying with my kids until they are older. I just don't want to be that guy. My kid actually listens to me, and I could probably control him if he decided to get crazy. I just don't like being an inconvenience to others.

1 person likes this.
  4. updawg

updawg Member

Really?
    So you are limiting your life just out of fear your kid might slightly inconvenience someone on a plane? Screw that. Get out and travel

We have a three year old and haven't had any problems. I think it actually gets harder the older they get since they get restless.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Not trying to judge you either, and I certainly don't want to be the guy letting his kids run wild all over the place (and I don't plan on it), but at the same time.....man....worrying about being an inconvenience to others is no way to go through life.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

half a bottle of this should do the trick.

[​IMG]

7. Prince

Prince Member

drugs is not even funny in this context...

8. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

It sure did...still does, especially considering most parents don't care about inconveniencing others.

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

:cool: The only thing better than trolling you on the internet is trolling you on the airplane.

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I don't feel like I'm limiting my life b/c I'm not vacationing during this phase of my life. I can accept that things changed with the introduction of the kids. As with most of you parents, I plan to go to places with them outside of Texas once they are a little older, no biggie. In the meantime, if I really want to travel, I just get my folks to babysit.

I think it's more about a young baby for me. They don't quite know how to release the pressure that builds up, and sure they cry and probably annoy other passengers, but it's painful! I wouldn't want that for my kiddo.

And ima_drummer2k you are right though. I mean my life doesn't revolve around others, but there's no reason I can't be considerate to those around me. There are enough assholes in the world, someone's gotta balance it out. hahaha

11. updawg

updawg Member

Have you tried flying with your kids and just had a bad experience or something? It's really not that big a deal. I haven't had problems.

Id rather give kids exposure to new places. But you are lucky you have the option of getting away without kids