1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!
  1. jedicro

jedicro Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I was actually wondering if anyone knew of any popular Jazz forums similar to this. I wanted to go there and see what they thought about their players flopping. I know when I see a Rockets player flop, or if we just plain get the benefit of a bad call I pray that we don't win by that margin because I want to be able to say we earned it. Plus...I wanted to rub in last night :D

Also another quesiton relating to this forum. Why can I not make threads? Do I have to earn that privlege? If so that's kidna lame. Oh well it's worth it considering how awesome of a fanbase is here at clutchfans.

Anyways if someone could answer those two questions I'd appreciate it. I hope to see ya'll around here on the forums talking Rockets playoffs for the next two months (crosses fingers)

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

don't stoop to their level.. besides.. Jerry Sloan teams never flop. At least that's what their fans have been led to believe for the past 15 years or so.

3. jedicro

jedicro Member

Nahh I wasn't going to rub anything in, heck, we're still down. What do I have to rub in?

I just wanted to seriously ask them what they thought about it. I seriously hate it when the Rockets get the benefit of bad calls...unless they have been on the other end repeatedly.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

There should definate a video review system where the teams can submit videos of flop fouls after the game. If a player is caught doing this say three times he get suspended for a game, the penelty goes up from there. That will stop it cold.

5. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

6. jedicro

jedicro Member

That would be phenomenal. For every 3 obvious flops you get a suspension.

I can see it now...

NBA official: "After review of game 1 of the 2008-2009 season, Andrei Kirilenko, Mehmet Okur, and Matt Harpring are suspended until mid-January"

7. deeperblue

deeperblue Member

I think this can be done after the game by review the replay if a team files a complain.

8. pirc1

Makes you wonder why NBA does not setup such an easy system? It would take care of flopping 100%.

9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

So True!

BTW, to make threads you have to be upgraded to Member status...you're currently a rookie. Keep making good posts and you'll be upgraded.

10. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I heard on the radio that David Stern mentioned in a interview that if he could, he would try to stop the flop-fest by suspension.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Did you all listen to the interview with David Stern?

He said he would like to make it something that they can review and be able to fine or suspend.

He wants to take it completely out of the game.

Also said that Divac made a career out of it.

12. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Ha ! Beat ya to it Hayes' lover!

(

13. xhanif143x

xhanif143x Member

If you flop it should be a technical foul. player will stop flopping and play the game right.

14. pirc1

Yes, you don't need to make the correct calls in the game, after fact review will stop it cold.

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

"So True!

BTW, to make threads you have to be upgraded to Member status...you're currently a rookie. Keep making good posts and you'll be upgraded."

OK cool. Although, I see some guys with Rookie status who have 1,500 posts :(

I guess taht's ok. Pretty much every topic I would want to make a thread on is already made when I come in here, no biggy :)

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Just barely... we even had the same post time ;)

17. ibm

ibm Member

i was upgraded to member in ~ a month i joined. then i cursed one guy in a post (the only one) and was banned and the next thing i knew i was a rookie again.

is there any hope i become a member again? i mean even pacman is being reinstated... :)

18. pirc1

You can always donate to become a contributing member! Then you can post in the secret forum where only contributing members are allow to visit.

19. jedicro

jedicro Member

When you have to compare yourself to Pacman, I think you've got problems LOL

20. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member