1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Hakeem

Hakeem Member

You do realize Rick Adelman is the coach of the Rockets, right? The Jazz don't flop, and never have flopped, as much as Adelman's Kings teams.

2. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Actually, he went back into the locker room to put his padded shorts back on.

3. ibm

ibm Member

how old are you?

don't blame us flopping since others do and have done it. wtf? can you say eh don't get me arrested for murder since others do it too?

yes, divac etc flopped in the past. that does NOT negate any of the facts i just said. the utah jazz under sloan are a physical, dirty, floppy and pretty good ball club. always has been and counting.

4. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

hmph. mebbe not.

5. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

The Jazz dont flop, the Rockets just have hidden air cannons.

Chuck Hayes has them in his chest.

Scola has them in his hands.

Landry has them in his fingers.

6. ibm

ibm Member

lol at ak. the last moment of the game, with 0.2 second left, the guy still tried to flop on that last play. wtf. guess it's just the second nature now for those jass. :eek:

7. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Tehe, AK did it again tonight.

8. krockets

krockets Member

Sorry guys, I take this back.. The flop AK did tonight is a freaking insult to the NBA league...

9. ibm

ibm Member

was looking for this thread...

you know, there is a huge difference.

divac flops quite a bit.

manu flops.

dirk flops.

even v-span on our own team.

but those players flop when there is contact. they just react in an excessive and unnecessary way sometimes.

but the jass... ak will pull down your arm and then fall down in the process of dragging you down with him. (fiasher did the same thing last year to monta ellis in the playoffs.)

that is dirty tactic. very dirty. and an insult to the game.

btw, there is a difference, too, in between flop and drawing the charge (which battier, heyes and scola have done). drawing a charge is well within the rules.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Suck my balls, Kirilenko! Suck my balls!" - Eric Cartman

11. magnetik

would any of you guys like to start a petition.. maybe purchase nbafloppers.com and put every video that we can find showing the flopper extrodinaires around the league? I think it would be a good start. I can host it but don't have very good html web page design experience. I would even purchase the domain name if anyone wants to help set it up. It might be good to get exposure to this disease that ruining the game.

12. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

I hate the way Okur plays basketball i hate everything about him he flops on both ends, he doesnt even play basketball he plays the refs.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

That new video of AK flopping at the end of the game last night (on the CF.net homepage) is hilarious. :D

14. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

You can make a simple and free webpage with google pages. If you don't have the domain you can purchase it for $10 a year. The space is small but most videos would be in youtube; therefore, all you would need to do is link.

15. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Imagine if a foul had been called on that AK flob with .2 seconds remaining :mad:

Was anyone listening to ESPN 97.5 last night? As I was pulling into a resturant I heard that they were going to have David Stern on and they were going to ask him if flopping would be addressed in the offseason.

16. magnetik

This guy is a master. We need to do something about this... I really am starting to not like watching the game.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2FG1WAry08"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a2FG1WAry08" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I think if players are soft, then just let then be soft. Maybe those guys like Manu and Cryilenko really are that wimpy and can't take the contact. The NBA should just assume that those "flops" are a natural instinct of the wimpier players, and just make it a no-call whenever a player "flops". That imo would be a suitable way to reward flopping; while the player is laying on the ground complaining about the no-call, the game keeps going and the other team plays 5-on-4 or possibly heads down the court for a fast break and they score. This then leaves the "flopper" feeling stupid and shifts the momentum of the game.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if we lose this series, as the game ends, someone just needs to punch him really hard but make it look like an accident. this dude, along with manu, okur, devin harris, are an embarrassment to this game.

19. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

Stern is voting this offseason to punish floppers.

www.si.com

check out Dan Patrick's interview with Stern.

20. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Wow, just watching that video makes me wish i could have a few cracks at AK's head with a bat....i ****in hate the JAZZ...the rockets should be up 2-1 in this series.

Flopping should definately be penalized, because if it isn't then the player has a chance to flop on every play. The official isn't going to DIRECTLY witness every single play that happens in a game....there is only so much the ref can see...the rest of their officiating is based on their vision that they see from the corner of their eyes. It's just natural instinct to assume that for every action there is a reaction....therefore when a player flops and they dont directly see it, their mind immediately automatically assumes that it was a cause of contact. Refs have such a limited period of time that they can make a call that they often rely on that immediate assumption that their brain tells them. So they will blow their whistle....IMO, i think that the refs sometimes realize that the call they made was a mistake a few seconds after blowing the whistle, but they dont wanna change their call because it will cause too much uncertainty, commotion, and loss of credibility of the refs for future calls that they make. Their job is extremely difficult, it aint the refs fault at all....it's the NBA rules or lack there-of regarding flopping. Eventually, if you flop enough, you will get a call....but u will never get penalized??...simply ridiculous. If they dont change this rule by next season....i dunno what to think about the NBA decision makers' intelect..