1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I've said for YEARS that the league should review flopping in games and fine players that blatantly do it to get a BS call.

2. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

man if vegas can tell who is cardcounting then the league should be able to tell who is flopping. Fine and suspend floppers that change the outcome of the game and let the regular flops in 1-3rd quarter get a warning

3. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I thought it was established that Utah doesn't exist... It's not a real place! Didn't you guys learn anything at game one?

4. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

what truly amazes me is that after that horrible game-changing call by Tony "betting" Brothers, Leslie Alexander doesn't say anything.. If I was the owner, I would go ape$&!t, I would totally lose it and call Stern directly.. this is truly unacceptable..

Can we atleast get some attention on that call so that we can get some compensation in the games in UTah? it's not like it's only 1 call, it's been that way for the 1st 2 games, AT HOME! why don't more refs start betting on us? :mad:

5. Hakeem

Hakeem Member

Ummmm.....You do realize that more fouls are being called on Utah and more free throws are being shot by Houston, even WITH the intentional fouls at the end of both games, right?

Korver got the defensive rebound and was hacked by Scola, which led to TMac getting the ball, which led to Scola fouling AK. There is no doubt that a foul occurred. AK sold the call. Get over it.

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

AK created the call. He faked it. There was no call to begin with. You're right, it's done. But measures need to be taken so that crap isn't in the game of basketball. Leave that junk in Hollywood.

7. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

The ref on that play was looking directly at TMACs feet not even looking at waist level. He called it because Kirilenko flew like a duck. Even if it was a foul by Scola the fact is he called it because he saw a player flying in mid air.

8. Hakeem

Hakeem Member

Wrong.

[​IMG]

9. dream_team

dream_team Member

Hakeem,

By pure definition, I agree... that was a foul. But you can show picture evidence on just about 75% of "clean" plays and give a decent argument that there should have been a foul called somewhere.

In my opinion, was it a foul? Yes.
    Did AK "flop" or over-exaggerate the foul? Yes.
    Would a foul be called if AK didn't flop? I would guess No
    Would have the foul benefited the Rockets if not called? No

In my opinion, it should have been one of those plays that should have best went un-called and let the players decide the outcome. Kind of like the hard Okur foul on Scola. It could have easily been called flagrant, but I like how the refs didn't call it, and just let the players play. I just wish it went the other way as well.

Yes... it was a big call. Yes... Rockets had a good chance of winning if that call wasn't made. But I also think the Rockets deserved to lose that game. Too many missed free throws and point blank layups to deserve a win.

10. Hakeem

Hakeem Member

That's fine. I just think it's funny how some people aren't willing to admit that a foul was committed. It is really quite clear.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Enjoy.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hSaX7zNCMY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3hSaX7zNCMY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Its like pass interference on a hail mary at the end of a football game. It CAN happen, and sometimes DOES happen, but unless its way over the top, it just ISNT called.(unless you are the patriots)

Was it a foul, yes, by definition, but in that situation from THAT official it should NOT have been called. If Tracy shoots it then yes, you can call it because its keeping Kirelenko from closing out on him. But once T-Mac passes it off, you let it go.

13. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

O I can bring you 50 more or those from the Jazz that never get call.

But look at Tony brother head he is not even looking at the AK or Scola.

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

fisher is probably one of the worse (or best) floppers.. i've seen that dude flop one time where the defender was like 2 feet away from him.. lmao

15. Precision340

Precision340 Member

exactly!! that ref sucks!!

16. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

It's obvious the official just called what he thought he saw. The best refs are supposed to be chosen for the playoffs and the very best for the finals right?

They are human, they will make mistakes. Think of it this way, if Rockets had made 3 more FTs out of the 10 or whatever they missed, that wouldn't have been as big of a call.

Many of you are talking as if that was the deciding call of the game. There was plenty of things the Rockets screwed up on to lose that game. TMac got a lot of touch fouls called on him that game. I even remember one possession where the Jazz got like 2-3 fouls in a matter of a few seconds.

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I missed the game.....that's some big time acting there. :(

18. ttuckid

ttuckid Member

Before you complain too much about the flopping,
    Every team has floppers.

It has been mentioned here that both Battier and Scola are both floppers.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I too do not like to see floppers get away with it.

One of the worst is Manu Ganobli.

May the best team win.

All I here in this blog is whinning and boobing.

19. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Because Spurs don't get call like this at home.
    Because Utah don't get call like this at home.
    Because Dallas don't get call like this at home.
    etc.

Houston is not respected at all. Yao the Superstar that get the less call on the NBA, T-Mac get less and less call every year since join the rockets. I'm tire of seen T-Mac going to the hoop dont get a call and in the very next play Brewer go to the basket and get call for a foul with less contact. Now Brewer get more respect than T-Mac. I'm tire of getting rob in the playoff like game vs the Mavs. This is not one call, is the lack of respect we get.

20. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

That bs cause I bench almost 400lbs and I know there is NO way I can throw a 200+ lb man with the flick of my wrist...look at scola's wrist and Ak 47 is leaning on his inside foot, now with 1 second, with the flick of his wrist, scola to push off and send AK 47 fling thru the air...that was a flop if I ever seen one....Yesterday I seen a few plays at the end of the Sun/Spurs game that were definte fould but was not called because it was less than 1:10seconds left