1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

lol so true

2. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

man **** Jerry Sloan, everybody says that he is a great coach and all, and i dont doubt that at all.....but i have absolutely NO RESPECT for him the way he teaches his players to flop....that is not basketball

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

Utah has been flopping since Karl Malone, I am used to that crap already, and realize nothing will be done in my lifetime. Jazz will always be the flopping kings and they will win a lot cus of it, we have to deal with it.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, don't compare Shane to AK or Ginobili. Shane takes the hit. He flops, but he pays the price.

Ginobili and AK are con artists. There's no other way to describe what they do.

And it's partly why no one outside Salt Lake City or San Antonio gives a rat's ass about the Jazz or Spurs(the other reason is they're boring). Nobody wants to watch that crap.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

That flop by Kirilenko was the end of the Rockets...and to add insult to injury Bobby Jackson hit the 3.

6. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

AK47 is a pansy bird-faced biitch.

7. Seth

Seth Member

I donĀ“t think that much is necessary, but in close games i think all foul calls should have to be reviewed, and just like in tennis, if a wide open FG is made during the call of that foul, and no one was in position to contest it, then the call is reversed.

Just like in tennis when a player challenges a call.

8. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

not once in the Saltlake Tribune did they use the word flop, it sad that in their city they think it's defense

9. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I hate flopping very much, but Scola set a "pick" by fending off a defender with his arms. You can't do that.

10. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

let's count the number of things you can't do on Thurs. & see if they call them on Utah

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

If they are going to flop then I say the Rocket players deliver fouls hard enough so that there is no need to fake flying through the air.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Even AK said he emphasized the contact a bit, but that it was a foul.

If you have to emphasize the contact then its a flop regardless of if it's an illegal screen or not.

13. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

14. EssTooKayTD

No, a flop (in my book) is faking a foul when there is no foul. THAT is cheating. Embellishing or "selling" a foul (which I don't like) is not cheating. Again, my view on flopping.

It's obvious he emphasized it. Doesn't take away that it was still a foul.

15. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

I have no complain, AK47 out-flopped Scola.

Scola needs to get back to AK47 in game 3 to show AK47 who's a better flopper.

16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

YES SIR, Deke needs to put AK on his backside during the first minutes of game 3 and wag the finger in his face regardless if he blocks his shot (In Dekes voice..."No Flopping in My House!) Just accept the tech foul. This will pump up the Rockets...or at least pump me up! :D

17. EssTooKayTD

Yeah, I know...but don't do it RIGHT in front of the official. I mean we get away with stuff, and trust me I dislike the Jazz's style of ball but the Rockets had plenty of opportunities to win that game. Shall we even talk about grabbing rebounds that hit your hands and you lose to the Jazz? Or how about just hitting those freethrows? Getting back on D and not trying to steal the ball from a PG as a PF? Rebound, rebound, rebound? I know the rebound diff wasn't big when the night was over, but you guys know there were soooo many defensive rebounds we should have had, that utah got and made their 2nd or 3rd tries.

If ANY of those things were done better, we'd be going to Utah 1-1.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Sounds good to me. These Utah players like to foul hard and foul often but I don't see anyone outside of Harpring who would have played like this 20 years ago where hard fouling often lead to fists flying. These guys know that retaliation isn't coming because Dictator Stern has removed all testosterone from the game. Nobody on this Rocket team will defend his own honor as a man except for Deke (maybe) or Rafer.

You think Okur or Boozer would keep up the dirty play if Deke dropped an elbow on one of them. Or if Scola put AK on the court just once?

Can Bob Sura please come back as an assistant coach for this series? Hell, even gentle giant Hakeem (not Akeem) would have popped someone in the mouth by now.

19. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

They should punish flopping like soccer does. In soccer if you flop in the penalty box then you get a yellow card. Here you either get a tech or something equal to flagrant one. That'll do it.

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think JVG hit the spot one game when he was one of the analyst...

He said something like "all refs need to take classes on recognizing flopping". Even though that sounds a bit overboard, we would have much less concerns or complaints about floppers and the game would become much more clean