1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flopping fines: a one year only thing?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Yellow, Nov 5, 2013.

1. The Blake Show

Instead of repeating dumb narratives founded on nothing, what makes you think Blake is a wuss lol? Complaining to refs? The occasional flop? The guy averages 10.5 rpg over his career and is easily one of the strongest and most physical players in the game who's played through a multitude of injuries. Getting out toughed by the toughest guy in the game maybe in Zach Randolph doesn't make you a wuss, especially when Blake was injured.

The fact that Zach and many other NBA players consistently have to resort to blatant cheapshots, proves how to tough Blake actually is.

2. Drphil

Drphil Member

They should make a movie about flopping. That way the actors can get their due credit.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Chris Paul should be fined so many times he loses half his pay check a year. He flops so much it is annoying. Even Lin was complaining about it last night.

4. Lihao

Lihao Member

show me one game last season that without flopping.show me one game your Clips didn't flop lol

5. The Blake Show

Ignorance is bliss I guess. I don't think you guys know what a flop is. A flop is a blatant exaggeration of contact to manipulate a ref for a call. It doesn't mean every time you fall down= flop. According the the league... neither CP3+Griffin flopped enough to get a warning last year, despite the fact that other superstars on more respected teams like the Spurs DID.

If you have a problem with the definition of a flop, too bad.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If I were an owner, I wouldn't encourage my players to flop this way. It's not gonna help you if your team has the reputation of flopping.

Now what I WOULD do is secretly hire a flopping coach, ideally a former NBA ref together with a great former on-court flopper, to teach the players how to flop without being caught. :grin:

7. The Blake Show

The most humorous part to me is that had the Rockets won... it would be "Yea put those b****es in their place" "Clippers are pretenders who can't do anything but flop" "We are the better team, not even close" etc... but given that we won in a blowout all people want to talk about is refs and flopping SMH.

The most ironic part of all of this is Harden is on the same tier as CP3 as a flopper and Parsons was on the floor all night trying to flop and get calls. Also another irony is that the Clippers shot 15 less free throws AT HOME. I mean do we need to spot you 30 free throws to say you didn't get jobbed by refs but straight up got destroyed, period?

8. The Blake Show

Stop acting like bandwagon Lakers fans/Lin di**suckers and start acting like the legit Rockets fans known for their class.

9. The Blake Show

My last post may be confusing, let me clarify. Any legit Rockets fan I've met has been an epitome of class and very knowledgeable and low key. To see so many acting like prototypical Heat/Lakers fans who have been fans 2-3 years is highly disappointing.

10. Lihao

Lihao Member

and fans is blind , only a Clippers fan see nothing wrong of their players , get over it , you didn't get the name "flop city" for nothing.
    and wow didn't get a warning , so proud isn't it? tell you what , it's not because they didn't ,it's because the league officer is biased and choose not do see it when your flopping clown in action.

and the flop of the year 2012/2013 award goes to.......

[​IMG]

11. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

He has been warned for the egregious flop against the Kings.

12. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Yep and he got a warning for that flop. So....

13. The Blake Show

This is why you need to watch games and talk out of your ass less. Chris Paul wasn't flopping there.. he was mocking Cousins for flopping the play before and continued yelling at the ref about Cousins' flop the whole way up the floor.

14. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

And I guess Harden doesn't flop at all? Double standards ftw. Everyone in this league flops. In fact, Lebron, Durant, Cp3, Harden are all egregious floppers.

15. The Blake Show

So he got 1 warning last year... weird for a guy who supposedly flops more than anybody in the history of the game. Oddly enough even this so called "flop" was him mocking a player and showing the ref. He points at Cousins and yells "that's you!" which I heard clearly on TV. I understand the bandwagon group here is pissed about last night but stop reaching.

16. Lihao

Lihao Member

lmao yeah right he wasn't flopping , whatever , Cp3 fan always have reason .what a waste of time taking to such biased person

17. The Blake Show

Watch the footage again... you'll see him pointing at Cousins and saying "that's you" which I heard personally. You really have no clue what you're talking about. I didn't say he doesn't flop... I said THIS play wasn't a flop and that last year him and Blake flopped hardly ever compared to 2012 where they flopped more than anybody. League wide flopping was down thanks to fines.

When you have a guy like Harden on your team who's an equal offender to CP3, you really have no business talking about this sh** bro. You lose respect when you have nothing but excuses after a blowout loss. Refs, flops... all huge reaches considering the 15 free throw advantage you had on our homecourt and the fact that Parsons had a couple flops of his own last night.

18. Lihao

Lihao Member

i didn't talk about last game you moron, i even said that this loss is on our own poor defense rather than the ref in the other thread.
    and btw no ****ing way Harden and Parsons is on the same level of flopping as Paul and Griffin, they did flop as well , but same as the master? not even close. you don't see anyone called Houston Flop City!!

Enough with your excuses ,He was looking at the ref trying to get a call when he pointing at Cousins, only a blind person like you think that's not a flop

19. coffeelover665

I rather the flops to be technical flops. A flop at a crucial time can mean the difference between a win or a loss. I'd paid 5k for a win if I was multimillionaire player/ or a billionaire owner

20. The Blake Show

Haha... you're clueless and dead wrong about the Cousins play. Even Kings fans talked about CP3 mocking Cousins. And hell yes Harden is on par with CP3 as a flopper, he's been a horrible flopper since he's been in the league. Parsons no, Harden yes. Nobody calls Houston Flop City because nobody cared about Houston in prior seasons to this one for the last 5 years ago.

LA is a big market team on the big stage all the time who's been in the media a lot the last 3 seasons with CP3.