1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flood TNT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKET RY, Apr 30, 2009.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I couldn't figure out why, on NBA Broadband, when I would click on the Rockets game, I would always get the Bulls game. I guess I know now.

2. aghast

aghast Member

Exactly. Rerun of boring 90s sitcom, contractually obligated to air, outpulls the few thousand Oregon/ SE Texas fans who might switch over for the previously unadvertised opening of the Hou/Por game, a switch reasonably expected to last at most ten or twenty minutes (3 OTs = not normal). No other basketball/sports fan outside of those two regions would willingly turn off the epic Boston/Chicago game to watch the first half of a different one, no matter which teams were playing. That's an easy call for Turner.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Can't believe how many posters are actually defending a corporation against Clutchfans posters who wanted to watch the Rockets win a playoff series for the first time in over a decade. By the time I got to see the Rockets game, there were 9 minutes left in the third quarter and the game was basically decided. Of course wanting to watch the Rockets is "selfish." If you don't want to be "selfish," quit wasting your time on this message board right now and go volunteer at a soup kitchen. Half of the posters in this thread are mindless corporate trons. TNT could have fit in more than one fifteen-second clip of Yao Ming falling down in their endless barrage of commercials during the "epic" Celtics show, which will be rerun endlessly anyway.

4. paymon

paymon Member

lol yeah -- split the third OT with the first quarter of the Rockets vs Blazers. idiot.

5. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Who cares? Screw TNT, why didn't you guys just watch My20? And if you dont live in Houston you have internet, you could watch online.

6. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Why is this thread still alive?

Hello People, put your yourself in the other fan's shoes. If the Rockets and Blazers had gone to a triple overtime you wouldn't want them to split-screen the Rocket's game. So get over it. TNT did the right thing.

7. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

My only problem was TNT doing an interview after the game and then after the interview, the announcer did a 3-4 minute take on the game while the Rockets game was going on. As soon as the game was over they should have switched over.

8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Exactly or atleast flipped back and forth between the two. Maybe even and little pip screen showing the other game.

9. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I felt the same way. I came in & I was dumb founded by the score & the lack of enthusiams by the crowd. I think they were tentative & concerned that at any moment, it could come unraveled.

Anyways, the BOS/CHI game is on NBA TV now & there's another game slated an hour after it. Since TNT gets replayed on NBA TV, its most likely Rockets, but it could be Orlando since itself was on NBA TV.

I'm just waiting . . .

10. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

Agree with the general feeling. The Rockets worldwide fanbase right now is probably bigger than Boston and Chicago combined and they decide put too much press on that series. Only reason why that's a series is because Garnett is out which is equivalent to a Yao Ming for the Rockets. I admire both of these teams effort but either one will be pummelled by the Magic nullifying any claims that that was a great series.

11. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

We probably would have missed the whole game if we started on our time instead of Portlands.

12. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

Thank you for this post. Some are making Rockets fans look stupid in this thread.

Basketball fans (Rockets/Blazers fans included) will watch whatever game is on TNT waiting for their game. If you move the Rockets to TBS, you split that audience and lose whatever audience those sitcoms were pulling in.

And to those who suggested that they forgo advertisements to show the other game... :rolleyes: Do you know how TV works?

13. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this is a stupid thread. no national tv network would EVER cut off a game, especially one as epic and thrilling as the bulls-celtics triple OT game was.

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I would have been happy if they had put it on NBAtv... that would have been the likely solution.

But I guess it was a rights issue.

15. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

No one expects them to do that. Has anyone suggested that?

The point is there should be a way to see a playoff game in its entirety. Does this happen in the NFL? MLB? Then why can't the NBA figure it out? It's absolutely pathetic.

If this happened to you and you're not pissed about it - I hate when people throw this around usually, but in this case it really fits - you must not be a Rocket fan, bottom line.

16. conquistador#11

This has nothing to do with TNT, but why did bill and clyde sign off like they're no longer going to be broadcasting games? Was that the last local broadcast?

17. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I sent mine. I acknowledged the epic-ness of the Boston/Chicago game and lambasted them for not having a contingency plan, effectively pissing off millions of Houston and Portland fans.

We may not be Boston/Chicago, but it ain't like there's only a few of us, either.

18. kikimama

kikimama Member

SCREW any other series that is playing over a Rockets playoff game. I don't care if allen scored 125 points all by himself. Watching Glen "Big Baby" Davis, be able to shoot jumper after jumper is the lamest basketball I've seen in my life and people were actually calling him little Shaq at LSU? Bull's had that game but lost their composure multiple times. Tell me TNT wouldn't at least split the screen if we were in 3OTs with Celtics - Bulls already starting.

Again, WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE HALF THE MATCH OF A 1ST ROUND CLINCHING SERIES. Like we wanted to wait 12 years to see allen bail out the celtics several times because bulls coach is so stupid. The guy made like 20 3s and he always seems to be open.

19. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

F**K ME! They're just replaying the BOS/CHI game 6.

20. motionsiknes

motionsiknes Member

Highly disagree with you. I am huge rockets fan but if Allen goes for 70 points or above, i'm tuning in that game. Hell him scoring 70 + points on a triple overtime playoff game 6, already seals the deal. No true NBA fan will ever change thatchannel. I'm a Rocket fan but an NBA fan as well.

TheFreak mentioned how the NBA should have games shown in its entirety, especially as some people mentioned, is an important game for many Rockets fans. The thing though is TV does not work that way.

Don't get me wrong. I want to watch the Rockets game 6 too. I hated how game 5 was in NBA tv. But really this is all moot point. There is nothing we can do. David Stern is the only who can do anything about it. I am pretty in in the best of business interest, he want to show more NBA games spread out on many different channels, but HEY, it does not work that way.

It's all moot point! This is just a venting thread.