1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flash Forward premiere on ABC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kim, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

It reruns tomorrow (Friday) night. It was alright...a little cheesy, but overall good drama, not terrible acting, and a good setup. Not as good as the Lost premiere, but the end did give me chills.

Stars Harold (from Harold and Kumar), Shakespeare (from Shakespeare in Love), and some other tv familiar actors/actresses. I even saw Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane on there as an actor.

The premise is the whole world black out at the same time for a few minutes and people see visions during their blackout.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

they sure didn't try very hard to distinguish it from Lost. With the Lost references and characters, it's hard not to think of it as a spinoff.

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Saw 2 Lost characters, one from Law and Order, the AFLAC black guy, just familiar tv faces in general. I hope it doesn't get progressively worse like Lost did for me.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'm rewatching Lost. I'm in the middle of the 3rd season which I initially thought was the weakest. I always liked the show but I'm appreciating what I thought were "slow" parts now that I know where the show goes in seasons 4 and 5.

Anyway, Sonya Walger is a main character. Dominic Monaghan was just in a preview. Who knows how big his role will actually be.

Elizabeth Mitchell is in "V". I guess that's going to be a Lost "spinoff" too.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm recording Flash Forward with near certainty that it's ultimately going to go all Lost on me and start jumping around and the shark.

[​IMG]

6. Fatty FatBastard

I enjoyed it. But I'm gullible to think creators think before they write.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Looking forward to watching it on my DVR.

Love me some LOST.

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

saw the first 20 minutes so looks cool

the cgi though is pretty unimpressive though imo

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Haven't seen the pilot, but I'm assuming that this is what they are basing it on, at least generally:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashforward_(novel)

If it is, here's a spoiler:

There are people who won't have visions. They are all going to be dead in 10 years, or whenever the 'flashforward' is. Sucks for them. Great angst follows.

10. Microfridge

Microfridge Contributing Member

I loved the premiere. This is going to be something like Heroes' first season. I'll be watching it every week :)

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The one guy(Harold from White Castle) blacked out with no vision, and he assumes he will be dead. In the previews for future episodes his fiancee says that she saw him in hers.

End of the episode they have video of one guy in Detroit's baseball stadium walking around when everyone else is blacked out.

#11 juicystream, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  12. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Juicystream, spoiler the last sentence for those who dvr'd it. It seriously gave me chills. I turned off all the lights and gave it a movie setting. I was mostly paying attention and also worked on my laptop. It's not great tv drama/suspense (like The Wire), but good enough and better than most network television, and the end spooked me big time.

I'm so curious about V though. That mini-series gave me damn nightmares as a kid, and my dad had it recorded on Beta and watched it all the time.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Went ahead and spoilered the whole thing, because I guess there would also be some intrigue in finding out what his dream was. It will probably become a regular watch in my house.

I had no idea what V was about from the previews last night. I was seriously confused if that was even the name of the show.

14. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

it lost my attention fast...

15. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

Not as good as I hoped it would be. The Oceanic billboard was funny.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn! How did I miss that!

As for the show, I liked it.

It's a new Series Recording on my DVR.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    http://spoilertv.iimmgg.com/image/38a5dcb36b51e4e746fc02bf12f7769f

I'm wondering about the Kangaroo. It was kind of odd to begin with, but they showed it in the preview for the rest of the season. So it looks like a recurring theme.

18. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

I saw it last night (DVR) and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Hopefully they keep it weird and already have a story arc outline. Otherwise you are just going to get bad filler episodes (see Lost and Battlestar Gallactica before they had an "end" date).

V looks interesting as well, mostly because Morena Baccarin is the lead. And she looked good...

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I love the part where that one black guy had a flashback of Kobe tearing his ligament and being out for the season.

Could this possibly come true?

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Based on episode 1, this looks to be DVR-worthy. How many episodes are they planning for this season?