1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flame me....but 2 points....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by roxxfan, Dec 29, 2013.

1. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Two things, and people are going to beat me for this.....but.....oh well:

1) I want Matt Schaub back as our QB next season w/ a fresh start, healthy players, new coach (obviously), new system, and with motivated/rejuvenated players. Good off-season training and respectable acquisitions will booster this effect. If the players gel with the new coaching staff and develop confidence, I have no doubt they will get behind Matt once again for a playoff run next year. Now, I don't know if Wade Phillips will be part of the new coaching plans, but if we get a coach that is minded on both sides of the ball, we have the players suitable to hold their own on D. With Keenum being hurt and TJ Yates showing what he has to offer, if the Texans elect to not draft a QB then Schaub will most likely be the guy. I seriously don't think this guy is going anywhere. People forget that this was a pro bowl QB not too long ago, and he was playing damn good at one point. He is relatively healthy at this point, his issues are just mental. He will be fine.

2) I am jumping off the "hate the Cowboys" bandwagon. First of all, for a 2-14 team to dog out ANY team (especially since we are the most disappointing team BY FAR) is just stupid. Let's be realistic here. You can't say, "You guys fought for a playoff berth, and we just earned the #1 draft pick, but you STILL SUCK!" Nope. That’s ridiculous. We've been embarrassing ourselves by doing that for too long. Epic display off ignorance. And our "fans" have backed up this ignorance by doing horrible things such as cheering for the injury of a player. The players have called out the fans several times for this. It's really pathetic. To be honest, most of the Cowboy fans I have been around actually don't talk mess about the Texans at all. They are actually respectful, only responding with noise after being aggravated by Texans fans. Yes, I acknowledge this is not the case 100% of the time, but it is alarming how much this disparity played out this season. However, we FINALLY play Dallas on the road next year. That should be pretty cool. All in all, I respect Dallas as an organization, a rival, and a fellow Texas team. Sue me.

(PUTS ANTI-FLAMETHROWER SUIT ON)

2. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

I stopped reading after "I want Matt Schaub back as our QB next season"

1 person likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Ditto

4. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

That'll have that effect on people.

5. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

quadritto.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

7. showa13

showa13 Member

This applies to both situations. And being 8-8 three years in a row is like getting the 9th seed three years in a row

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Neg rep coming.

9. aball1991

aball1991 Member

People have short memories. You don't know how good you have had it until its gone. There is nobody that is a clear #1 pick that is significantly better than Schaub. Or has such tremendous upside that they will be definitively better than Schaub.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

pintto

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

12. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I believe that Schaub has been treated quite unfairly the past couple of seasons prior to this year's abomination. I think he's been better than most give him credit for. But it's time for him to go, and Case Keenum has proven that he is not the answer either.

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I defended Schaub the last few years, but this one was truly awful, and he wont get better, and his time in Houston is over.

14. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Also, as long as Jerry is running the team up north, there will always be a good reason to hate the Cowboys.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team does not want Matt back - he is done like dinner.

DD

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Clown post, bro.

17. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

[​IMG]

But I guess that was an insult

18. makman

makman Member

Then you seriously don't understand our cap situation and the need for him to be cut regardless to even try to get "respectable acquisitions." What makes you think his mental issues are going to get fixed at 33? He's weak mentally and physically, slow, and overachieved here. I'm not sure why I kept reading after the first sentence

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Even though this post is getting flamed, I find the different opinion sort of refreshing. It's nice to hear different opinions rather than "Schaub sucks! Everyone sucks but JJ Swatt and Andre! #1 pick, Bridgewater, yay!" From an outsiders unbiased perspectives, we had one of the best teams in the league a year ago, and it's not that impossible to believe we could re-stack the roster and fill in some big holes, with QB not being the biggest necessity. Yes, this season has sucked but Schaub has been good in the past, and the roster is not that much different from the playoff team a year ago.

This draft class is not great, and while I think Bridgewater is good I don't think there's any guarantee that he will be much better than Schaub from the get go. And if he's not, then Texans fans should be ready for a long rebuilding process rather than just instant success.

I'm not saying that the Texans shouldn't get Bridgewater, I think it is time for the Texans to move on from Schaub and rebuild, but there are other options and people shouldn't be flamed for having different opinions. It's not like anyone is guaranteed to be right. If what we really want is to be in the playoffs next year, maybe a 1st overall defensive stud is the best answer.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

This.

hahahahaha.

Teddy pls