1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fizer's Destination

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Gideon, Jul 3, 2000.

1. Gideon

Gideon Member

I'm thinking that the Bulls drafted Fizer only for one purpose: throwing him at teams for a sign and trade on either Duncan or McGrady. Sending him to San Antonio would make sense. Even though Duncan hasn't shown too much interest in the Bulls, if he doesn't want to re-sign with the Spurs, the Bulls can now offer the spurs Fizer if they would sign Duncan to a huge contract and trade him to Chicago. What do you all think?

------------------
    He who stands for nothing will fall for anything.

2. Slick Willie

Slick Willie Member

As strange as this might sound I actually think that the Bulls may have roster plans for Fizer as a back up at the 4 or an unorthodox 3.

At the same time Fizer would be a big consideration of the Bulls to ship off in an S&T deal but for now I think they plan to use this guy.

------------------

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I don't think a sign and trade would be beneficial with Duncan, except for SA getting something in return.....he is a free agent anyway, so Orlando would have nothing to gain by that. Who knows though.

I thought they might keep Fizer, if for no other reason than to keep the Jerry and Jerry show unpredictable. [​IMG]

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Hoop-T,

Actually, Orlando could pay Duncan alot more money through a sign and trade. San Antonio is allowed to sign Duncan to a longer contract and with a raise of 12.5% each year. If Orlando signs Duncan outright, the contract is for one less year and the raise each year can only be 10%. I believe that the Orlando package works out to around $67M and the SA package is in the low to mid $80Ms.

It's the same reason that we did a sign and trade for Pippen instead of signing him outright.

------------------