1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fix is in...Foster refs game 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slpntz, Apr 30, 2019.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I mean I really hope it's not etc. I'm not big into conspiracy theories (it's just that the last ref scandal wasn't even that long ago). And I honestly hope somehow Houston comes out and manages to take home court, and then win the series. Once Houston advances I'll feel a lot better.

T for 3 likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

if you don't believe in the conspiracy, you accept what the league's policy is, which is that the refs are assigned by lottery. So it is happenstance by definition. I'm not saying you should believe one way or another, but it isn't far fetched to see that he could be randomly assigned IMO.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pingpong balls?

ryano2009 likes this.
  4. AstrosRockets1818

Wow..... (maybe already said)

James Harden has played in 265 games in the past 3 seasons (including postseason).

He has fouled out in 4 games over that time. 3 of them coming when Scott Foster officiated

Am I a bad person to wish bad things on Scott Foster and Adam Silver?

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

should be a **** show either way. i'll be shocked if there are no technical fouls with scott "quickest whistle in the west" foster and ed "mr. double technical" malloy

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I don't know tbh. but I do know that it is a random draw according to the league. Even if they did decide to put him on, I don't think it is out of the question that we can win if we play well and focus on the right things. I understand that is not a popular opinion. We will just have to see how he officiates. If there are some egregious calls, well, i'm open to continuing the discussion then.

7. AstrosRockets1818

I personally think Malloy likes the rockets.

I personally think Foster hates the rockets, duh.

If Morey told to you throw a beer bottle at Scott Foster's face... would you do it?

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If the Rockets are on the verge of losing the series can they just decide to back out and not finish a game or play a game at all? What are the fines and consequences?

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

While I agree with you that Harden initiates the contact, the proper thing to do is to call the contact because it's a textbook foul. If it's not a textbook foul then the officials have been calling incorrect fouls in Houston's favor during the regular season ever since Harden became a Rocket.

I suspect what they are trying to do is make the game "more physical" because it's the playoffs and you have to scrap and claw your way to victory. As poetic as that might sound, you cannot (or shouldn't) significantly change the way you officiate between regular season games and playoff games. Hell, Utah didn't get away with the things GSW did in Round 1.

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

I would and I would be crowned a hero not only in Houston but in 28 other NBA arenas.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  11. TheresTheDagger

NBA officiating gives us the significant middle finger.

Your move Morey.

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

It's sad that the league hates the Rockets.

13. Voltik

Voltik Member

If it wasn’t clear that the NBA was rigged and not just missed calls in Game 1, then it should be very clear now that the NBA is corrupt.

After Game 1 missed calls and now with Scott Foster in Game 2, I doubt the Rockets win the series, even if they somehow win Game 2. NBA showed their hands with the ref assignment, and the hands look filthy dirty. With all the media, players, and Rockets talk about missed calls along with Harden requesting a fair chance, this is a huge middle finger to the Rockets. Even without the leaked report, this is a big blow and showing to fans and teams that the NBA will not be fair.

bballjunkie likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

They want to stop our complaining

15. AstrosRockets1818

It really is, and I don't know why? We still have a top 5 player in the NBA and probably a top 15 player in CP3. We are a fun team to watch that hits a lot of 3's. That's like a team in baseball that's always swinging for the fences. We are fun.

A new owner that is awesome and brings money in.

I just don't get it.

16. YallMean

YallMean Member

This is all about their authority and institution.

Love it!!!

I love the fact we can actually be in this position to challenge it.

This is how this nation was born, the NBA is the crown, the Fubs are colonial army, and ...

J/K a little overboard.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I think this was clear message after the audit attempt by Daryl for the 18 WCF and for data science analysis on the referees by him. The NBA is sending clear message to the front office and the organization if you try anything funny we will **** with you and control the outcome of the bracket.

18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

foster just worked a worriers game 12 days ago. malloy just worked a rockets game 6 days ago. this shhit is not random

19. Rocket_Man_2.0

20. mastan

mastan Member

Seems like Rockets have to create history (Scott Foster history) to win this game which is not possible..I wish we could just boycott the game,

NBA can just move GS to WCF... why the pretense? or better just give them Championship... no need to play.