1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FiveThirtyEight] The Rockets Are Melo’s Best, Last Hope

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jul 24, 2018.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

well, likewise on the other end.. if melo is on the floor, just run picks until curry is switched on him and abuse curry every single time. ryno wasn't able to take advantage of that matchup offensively that it wasn't worth putting him on the floor with his defensive deficiencies. no guarantee that melo will either, but if he does take advantage.. then gsw either has to take curry out of the game or give up easy buckets. and like i said.. curry isn't much of a one on one iso threat, especially in the playoffs. he has a hard time getting separation in the playoffs to get off a clean shot when players actually give a crap, unlike the regular season where curry's efficiency is much higher. kd is really the only efficient iso player that gsw has.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

This is facts, Curry really benefits from broken plays and transition opportunities. If GS wants to force a Curry/Melo match up then I love our chances especially on the other end where you can hide Curry on Ariza. He's going to have to defend Paul now.

clutchdabear likes this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree whole heartedly with the thread title/topic. This is Melo’s last ditch effort to re-build his reputation.

Westbrook poisons every water well. Steven Adams can’t go after every rebound....Melo had to watch Westbrick.

Nuggets/Knicks never supplied quality players the likes of this current Rockets team (an unselfish pt guard like CP3)

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope of a Last Payday, a Maybe Finals Appearance.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ingles is a shooter and a decent defensive guy.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I know

7. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

melo isn't gonna be some savior for the rockets.. he's just another chess piece in the matchup with golden state.
    no one really knows how d'antoni and the rockets will use him, but my guess is that he'll be on the floor whenever curry is on the floor so that they can get the melo/curry switch on offense and abuse curry to force kerr's hand. any defensive stops that the rockets can get with melo on the floor will just be a bonus. ppl complaining about melo's defensive ability have legitimate reasons... but you can't just ignore curry's defensive ability, which is arguably worse.

and if it really just becomes a chess game of one on one matchups, that benefits the rockets more so than the warriors, as it forces one on one basketball and negates all the other all-stars on gsw to be bystanders.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Farewell Sweet Melon

[​IMG]

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well, I guess Melo now be like