1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five seperate FBI field offices investigating Clinton Foundation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Nov 1, 2016.

1. TheresTheDagger

Interesting word you chose there.... "directs". Aren't these 2 entities supposed to work together to deliver justice?

The FBI follows the evidence and investigates potential criminal activity AND when it feels it has enough evidence makes recommendations to the Justice Department who then either decides to empanel a Grand Jury or doesn't. The sources in the above article/video close to the investigation state an indictment should be forthcoming PROVIDED THEIR IS NO DOJ INTERFERENCE.

Unfortunately, there has apparently already been some "direction" on the part of the DOJ to tell the FBI to stop investigating this according to the WSJ article out today. Why in the world would the Justice Department involve themselves in stopping an investigation when the FBI itself wants to continue???

The Justice Department is run by political appointees of the Obama administration. The FBI investigators are career people who are doing their job and are apolitical. I'll give you 1 guess as to why they "directed" the FBI to stop investigating and why the FBI is essentially giving them the finger back...

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. TheresTheDagger

Which is the political entity? -- Department of Justice
    Which is not? -- The FBI

Which is trying to stop the investigation? -- Department of Justice
    Which is not? --The FBI

Granville likes this.
  4. Granville

Granville Member

A real life french fry attendant posing as a high powered internet attorney finds himself presenting evidence to the judge and jury by asking them to google his evidence when they discover he's not good with a calendar.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The more the stories come about the Clinton Foundation, the better it ends up looking. So far they have been shown to be operating in a transparent method with absolute outstanding support given to the needy.

6. Granville

Granville Member

Are you joking? Pay attention to the reports that are coming out.

mc mark likes this.
  7. Granville

Granville Member

He's way to smart to understand your questions, bro.

8. SamFisher

In the words of your boy Trump - "wrong"

Anyway, enough sniping with the peasants - I offer you and @Granville a friendly wager and a chance to really get my goat

Criminal Indictment within 2 months of HRC in a federal court, and I'll leave this forum forever.

Doesn't happen, you leave for a year. Or sig bet, whatever you want.

Let me guess "WELL RIGGED SYSTEM SO CORRUPT I CAN'T MAKE THAT BET YOU POST COUTN TOO HIGH"

Seems like you should see your bro @ipaman so he can give you a lecture about ballsitude.

9. Granville

Granville Member

Your goat was gotten a long time ago. How about you leave no matter when she is indicted over the charges?

Obama is implicated in the cover up, so is Lynch and members of the DOJ. Let's see what the FBI recommends in this case and how far reaching it is then make a bet.

And you can take CometsWin, McMark, Nook, Deckard, B-Bob and others with you.

10. SamFisher

^ And like most Trump supporters - this one [ grab them by the ___(-es) ]out when their crazypants reality is challenged.

If something doesn't happen that THEY JUST KNOW happened, it's because a wide ranging conspiracy that goes all the WAY UP TO THE TOP and the FBI is not to be trusted, EXCEPT FOR WHEN IT IS

Same stupid junkpile with global warming, birtherism, and the rest of the dumb-inducing trutherism these clowns like to engage in. And it's all aided and abetted by "sources" in the Fox News establishment, which means that Trumpism will survive Trumps' demise on Tuesday.

If showing disdain and scorn for this kind of stupidity makes one an elitist, than I'm the Goddam High Viscount of Tea & Crumpets wearing silk pantaloons and I'm happier about it than Tambor in Season 1 Ep 3 of Transparent.

11. Granville

Granville Member

Didn't you write this almost the same gibberish before? You're going to burst the buttons on your SpongeBob shirt if you don't calm down. Who says Crazypants? They got you on lockdown at the nursery, huh?

There is evidence that Obama lied about knowing of the existence of Clinton's e-mail account. Lynch did speak with the husband of the subject of an investigation during the investigation. That's a fact that even she can't deny.

Umm....Didn't the Dems trust Comey before we he made an announcement but not so much when he said Hold the Phone, we may have found copies of the e-mails that we asked Clinton to not delete and she did anyway.

Showing this level of disdain and scorn in the face of mounting evidence makes you look foolish.

Astrodome likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

It has been the case for awhile now.

What it comes down to is; people see/believe what they want to believe.

The Republicans have gotten some traction though, because if you say it long enough, some people assume there must be some truth to the allegation.

13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been and as someone who was a Red Cross volunteer for several years and worked with several different foundations and NGO's I can tell you what the Clinton Foundation is accused of isn't really out of the norm. If we're talking about Haiti frankly most foundations have had a terrible time there and that is one reason Haiti still remains a horrible basketcase. This is yet another part of a pattern that issues where the Clintons aren't really much different than others are somehow greatly magnified to the extent that they are somehow the exceptional ones and the ones responsible for the overall failings. From what I've seen and what is supported by many other sources is that the Clinton Foundation is actually one of the better organizations for getting aid to people. That doesn't mean that they are perfect but their failings are pretty much the failings of the global aid system in general. One that I agree needs a ton of reform, including the Clinton Foundation.

14. Granville

Granville Member

Or if ..... meanwhile back on the farm....The FBI has been investigating this for over a year with the DOJ trying to ****-block the investigation while more and more evidence keeps rolling in to support the truth that the foundation is a fraud. Then there's that.

15. Granville

Granville Member

The Pay for Play is what's going to bring them down. Read the hacked e-mails from Podesta, people within their campaign were worried about the money and free stuff WJC was getting.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  16. SamFisher

^Trump Supporter with no access to information and no legal expertise in possession of ULTIMATE TRUTH on Hillary Clinton's criminality - this is a novel, novel development.

Why don't you take the bet, coward? Your ULTIMATE TRUTH against my reality. Who will win?

17. Granville

Granville Member

Little guy....calm down...

I gave you a counter offer to your bet. A lack of self-esteem Internet Attorney like yourself should be familiar with counter offers.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Falcons Talon and Granville like this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

As I said again what Bill Clinton was doing wasn't good but it wasn't out of the norm. Unfortunately many leaders of groups like the Red Cross and United Way have done far worse.

Also keep in mind that unlike many foundation leaders Bill Clinton is also a former US President. Pretty much every US President has gone on to make money giving speeches and getting per diems. Even Jimmy Carter, to a lesser extent, has. These are people who have both fame and influence who's position makes them overqualified to do anything else. It shouldn't be surprising that they are going to make money off of that fame and influence.

I understand this isn't a ringing defense of the Clintons but it goes to the point that they aren't unusual yet are consistently painted as being the worst of the worst.

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

To a certain extent that's true but I would phrase it as we are all compromised in some ways but the caricature is that the Clintons are the worst. Even Bernie Sanders compromised in regards to guns and the crime bill. If you are hoping for the perfect politician that's a noble aspiration and I won't discourage you from looking for that but be prepared to be very frustrated.