1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five perfect free-agent fits Andrew Bynum to Phoenix? How about Josh Smith to Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 45souf, Apr 6, 2013.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Bynum isn't a perfect fit for anyone. They should change the name on the back his jersey to "Bynum, When Healthy."

He doesn't have to be a cornerstone on a championship team if he can be a cornerstone on a future trade for somone like Aldridge or Love. Which he can be if he can be signed to a contract that doesn't exceed his use value.

2. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

I've been a pretty big proponent of Josh Smith, but in a perfect world, we ink Iguodala to a big contract (keep in mind this is a pipe dream), and s&t Asik and another PF (Robinson or Motiejunas) to LA for Howard. Play Parsons at the 4 a la Rashard Lewis in ORL. That's an incredibly good team.

3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I still fully believe Morey is going for Dwight, maybe a Dwight/Smith duo if that's what it takes for an agreement from Dwight...

Contrary to what coon says, we can easily get enough cap space to sign Dwight outright... But he may think Houston isnt enough, that he wants a Smith signing also...they are best buds anyways...

I think if that's what it takes to sign Dwight he will trade/SnT to make it work in order to land Dwight next to harden, and if it involves losing asik and Parsons i think he'll do it...

But if Dwight signs with la, and Smith wants too much money,i can very realistically see Morey going his typical route of flexibility and assets gathering...

Someone mentioned gortat,kudos because that is a Morey-esque move all day... We could move one of our young pfs and maybe a2nd or another younger pf...

I believe Morey will target backup 5 help and gortat fits that bill.. He will also serve as a very valuable trade assett/expiring at the deadline... And if not its more cap space for 2014 , which is a better crop if FAs...

He will also look to trade for love, and if minny losses pekovic to fa asik and Parsons become very attractive, and gortat provides a great replacement...

I think if Morey doesn't land Dwight, whatever move he makes will be temporary asset gathering/improving, and that could include jsmoov or a millsap, as they would be good trade chips for a love or Aldridge...

4. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

hahah brilliant!:grin:

5. Chamillionaire

I'm not a big fan of Smith. Would much rather have Redick from this list. He's got a great perimeter offensive game and would make us much much much more potent.

6. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

NO please

7. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Out of sheer curiosity, who would you rather have: Josh Smith or Manimal (with lower salary ofc). Just think that they're both available. Just curious.

8. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Not a big fan of Josh Smith. Too dumb for our team, methinks.

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

ESPN | news media |
    Suggestion: eat the head.

10. verysimplejason

Millsap... He moves great without the ball and finishes well. He has also good defense.

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Josh Smith would help the Rockets defense tremendously. He really does not have to score to help this team out unless it's on a fast break. Milsap would be great too.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He does not have to score to help his team out, but he wants to score anyway, and when he tries to score in the way he wants to score he hurts his team.

I feel like McHale can improve Smith. But I don't know if he will ever be worth the money he's demanding. Getting Smith won't end this team's quest for better players, but it will severely limit their ability to go after talent.