1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Five games in..... so what do we have?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yeah no doubt. It's not an ideal position to be in considering we're trying to entice Harden to stay.

Unfortunately they're the cards we've been dealt right now.

I really do like Nwaba and Tate. If they were around 3 years ago man... I think they could develop into something special with James.

I think every perceived negative thing is under a microscope right now because it all leads to Harden bolting.

It is what it is unfortunately.

I actually think there has been a fair bit of movement in this offense so far. The amount of times Tate for example cuts in for the dump off and a layup.. Surely that's more than the last few seasons combined. Maybe a slight exaggeration but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it's not.

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  2. payaso

payaso Member

This looks every bit like a 2-4 team; heck, it looks like the only team they've beaten in terms of effect. SAC will come in and put up points early, but they can't get stops either and the rest of the game is pretty predictable against a team with talent and length; they lose the race. Against a team with talent, length and defense, they're not competitive, all things equal.
    The vets are demoralized, and the young & hungry are just making hay while the sun shines. Like the Texans, a culture change is needed. Can that change in a 72-game schedule, or is the change even needed at the team level?
    Ownership has a very Trump-y feel, I'm afraid. We see how Trump-y things end.
    +1 for Conservatorship, but prefer a better businessman/woman.

3. HROZ

HROZ Member

Our forwards need to be upgraded.

Our defence is terrible.
    Harden's defence is especially awful. Though I'm guessing that's because he's fat.

But I still believe we have a good team.
    But can't see us winning it all. If still expect a Conference Semi appearance though with a skinnier Harden.

A complete rebuild is completely understandable too though.
    Christian Wood & youngsters could be entertaining. With no expectations.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I look at games and know Rockets will lose... that's where I'm at. Coach made an excuse before this game even started tonight.

5. csc177

csc177 Member

Meanwhile the sixers look great. Harden is definitely texting Morey sweet pleasantries this evening.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We have trouble brewing.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas rebuild.

8. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

D-rock and KingCheetah like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

There is still some time to turn it around, but not much...... It isn't really fair to the extent they did not even really have a training camp, they have the pressure of Harden needing to be convinced to stay....... and they have been hit hard with COVID crap early.

Still times ticking.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its still early.... I generally like everything about this team except the record

good job good effort!