1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FirstWorldProblems] Signs on Fridge at Work

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RunninRaven, Jun 19, 2013.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was just now retrieving a drink from the public refrigerator here at work and someone had posted a sign on the fridge stating “If it is not yours then DON’T EAT IT. That’s STEALING.”

I’ve always wondered about people that feel the need to post signs like this on the fridge. I’ve been in situations where I have had something of mine taken from the fridge before. I used to work shift work in a job where I was the only person in an office building all night processing truck shipments of chemicals. The only way I could make it through the night shift was by drinking one of those liter bottles of Mountain Dew (never have liked coffee). I would work the weekend night shifts and put 3-4 of those liter MDs in the fridge to have over the weekend. One weekend someone took my last one before my last night shift and I had no caffeine that night (not allowed to leave the facility and the vending machine wasn’t working).

I was livid, but I never thought about putting a sign on the fridge because, honestly there only two real scenarios there. Someone either took it thinking it was theirs and so it was an honest mistake, or someone took it KNOWING it wasn’t theirs and was perfectly fine with that. That type of dude isn’t going to be swayed by a typed up memo taped to the refrigerator. That type of dude is going to laugh at that sign. So is the sign then just to make you feel better? To inform others that there is a thief out there? To draw attention to your suffering? What is the thinking process?

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Never done it, but I suspect this is the reason along with just wanting to vent.

3. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Passive-aggressive behavior.

4. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

They're just mad that they were craving whatever was in that fridge and when they opened it, it was gone. I think they were just venting though.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

If someone took something of mine from the office fridge, I would quit and find myself a new job.

6. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

It's ridiculous and disgusting someone would eat another persons food in the office fridge. I'll never be able to understand that.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This seems silly I know, but it is the most frustrating thing. You bring your own lunch and then open the fridge and it is gone. I mean that puts fire in the belly.

8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Bag your items with your name on it? Makes things easier. That or hide your items in the back or some place like behind a pickle jar.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Sure as heck doesn't put food in the belly.

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

THIS. But not gasoline, something more HAHA funny - not poisonous.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

At my former job, I used to get pissed when someone would take the last cup of coffee while still in the morning and not refill it. It was an automatic machine where all you had to do was put the coffee in the basket and press start. I posted a note saying, "If it's before 10 am and you've just taken the last cup of coffee, please refill it. If you need help in how to use the machine, we're a restaurant equipment sales company. You should probably figure it out."

Needless to say, I got in a bit of trouble when they found out it was from me. I don't feel like I was wrong.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Get a small fridge at your desk.

Here's something that bugs me. Empty coffee pots. If you drink the last bit of coffee before 4 PM, make a new pot. Here we have self-enclosed coffee packages and the coffee maker has it's own water source. It's as simple as throwing the old package out, putting a new one in and pressing a button.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

a more effective method to deter food thieves is placing a pair of eyes on the fridge. nobody likes to steal when they get the feeling that someone may be watching.

15. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Someone has been using my salad dressing. Makes me a little mad considering I just had to buy more yesterday.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

they have every right to be pissed. don't take **** that isn't yours.

17. underoverup

underoverup Member

Just put "Dead dove don't eat" on the bag.

;)

1 person likes this.
  18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The worst are the people who bring tons of food and/or condiments and leave it in there for weeks at a time. It leaves no room for the normal people who just bring their lunch and eat it on the same day.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

HOW CAN SHE STEAL

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Though I would never steal another's food, I have had the last cup of coffee on a few occasions and have not refilled.

I used to work the coffee bar at the Buc-ee's in Madisonville. When it was busy, as soon as I had brewed coffee for one of the dispeners, another was empty. I did nothing but brewed coffee and filled and cleaned dispensers for 8-10 hours at a time.

Never again.