1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

first trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Onepaks, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

you guys wonder whats the first trade gonna be in the nba? I really dont know. Maybe gasol. marbury, francis, walker? Still too early to tell. What bout the rocks? I know we need a sweet shooting honest defence decent rebounder type of a four. and a good 3rd scorer. We need a chuck hayes with range. We need wells to play but if hes not in shape the i agree that he should not play. Trade him if we cant use him. Sura also. Include padget so novak can play and at least try to trade howard. he is just useless. Include a first rounder if necessary just get rid of him and try to get a pf with range and 3rd scorer. Easier said than done but i think its atainable. Just wait when the grizz are sold they will do some cost cutting.

Y not wells sura padget lucas and a first rounder for mike miller.
    trade exemption for brian cardinal

padgets on the last year, bozi po next year 1 year remaining, sura might retire if not 1 year remaining and lucas 2 years. they get a first rounder to boot. But the reason for doing it is to get rid of cardinal w/o taking on a contract. They might get a better deal for miller but nobody is gonna take cardinal from them. We do this coz miller will give us what bonzi is suppose to give us w/o the baggage. Hes tmacs friend and seems to be a nice guy. He will be great off the bench. Cardinal? He seems to hustle and shoot the ball well. hes better that padget with a big contract but a risk im willing to take for miller. Imagine a bench of head miller cardinal and novak at the 1,2,3,4 respectively. Were assured that we have a shooter at all times.

What bout a four? I know its hard to get a 4 with range and boards and plays d. Buy i think more than a shooter at 4 we need a thug with a decent range. hayes is good but cant do it alone. And we need to trade howard as well. Include a pick again. Anyway were in a win now mode.

y not howard dekembe first rounder for troy murphy.

Theres no use for murphy with nellys small ball. GSW wont use deke and howard as well but their contracts are shorter and cheaper and zekes will expire next year. Murphy could be a great pick up for us. rebounder with range? Horiible contract thou. I'd rather do this than zeke howard for foyle. we dont give a pick but murphys game is more rocks style then foyle.

What you guys think>

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Wells, Padgett and Howard for whoever...

3. Highwire

Highwire Member

3 first rounder drafts for KG. :D

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

This won't happen because Jerry West is frozen until the potential Grizz sale is realized or killed. Besides, why would a shrewd operator like West go for a trade like this? Do you think he feels sorry for totally urinating on us on draft day?

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I think that's quite a post for a guy who posts six times a year since 1999! ;)

6. Onepaks

Onepaks Member

i know but i've been viewing this site everyday i know a lot bout rocks and been a loyal fan since barkley days.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i would bet that bonzi will be the first to go. since he is way UNDERPAID we can package him with howard to is OVERPAID. this is a great way to rid ourselves of a ****** and a ******-contract.

8. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

ah..you missed out on some good ole' championship winnings then

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

1st. We already have a sweet shooting 4...His name is Novak.

2nd. Don't be so quick to think that Chuck Hayes can not exist with in a great offense. IMO the greatest offense to ever play was the show time Lakers When they had Kurt Rambis starting at power forward and then later AC Green. As I recall neither was an offensive dynamo but both did all the little things that made it neccessary for guys like Magic, Worthy and Kareem to do their jobs.

10. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

Sura will retire if he cant come back.

TE is only 4.2M and Cardinal earns 5.4M this season.

Deke probably wont play for another team in his last season.

11. uchlha

uchlha Member

ill buy mchale the drinks to get him drunk :)

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Necessary....or possible? We know what you meant -- just can't help myself. ;)

13. wolfsheep

wolfsheep Contributing Member

Please, don't trade Deke. It's his last year. And he is pretty cheap and useful. Please let him retire with honor. He deserves this.

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If Bonzi really doesn't have a place on this team, see if Seattle will take him for Nick Collison.

There's a PF and backup C right there.

15. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

No way its gonna happen anyway, :eek:

Besides why would Golden State do this? :eek:

16. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

don't forget another great team who went 72-10 with their PF averaging half as many points as chuck.

17. wangfeiapollo

wangfeiapollo Member

good idea, sweeten the pot with Sura, too. So we can get other useful players in our rotation.

18. rocketteen

rocketteen Member

Wells and Howard and future #1 for Crawford and David Lee

Do it...Do it

19. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Bonzi and Howard is enough for Jamal and Lee!

20. daRox

daRox Member

Let's throw in Howard and, JLIII, and Padgett while you're at it