1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[First-Timer] Going to a Rockets game!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

So, my friend has four tickets for the Mavs game on Sunday, and I might possibly go with him.

I've never been to Rockets game before (long time watcher, no time goer lol) so I was just wondering...

What am I allowed to bring into the stadium? Do they frown upon water bottles / other foodstuffs?

Are there other activities to do pre/post game? Do they cost anything?

I kinda want to buy a Harden jersey; are the prices reasonable at their gift shop, or are they outrageous?

tl;dr? What do you guys usually do when you attend games? I don't want to seem completely out of place there, if I do decide to go.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Congrats on your first game! Its seirously like crack dude...

But things to keep in mind:

-Food is outrageously expensive, the nachos are nasty...don't know why everyone like them.

-The TC isn't designed too well, nosebleeds don't have a good view IMO, but it is still amazing

-Don't be surprised if you run into Iphone douchebags that sit quietly the entire game, some of them even get on you if you are "Rooting for the team too hard" in that case just tell them to stfu. (This usually happens in the lower bowl, upper bowl fans are usually awesome)

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, I definitely don't plan on getting food unless I really need it.

According to my friend, the seats are 15 rows up from courtside? Not sure how good / bad that is?

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Haha let's just say you'll enjoy your seats.

5. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Drink lots of beer. Cheer hard.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't expect anything with arena merchandise prices. A Harden jersey won't be any cheaper there than what you could find online somewhere.

Have a blast!

7. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Try to sneak your own food in. The food is so damn overpriced.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I snuck a bagel into Yankee field once. I'm not even Jewish!

9. TheresTheDagger

Eat before you go. It will save you money and besides, food is distracting while trying to watch the game.

Go early. If you get there early, you can watch shootaround and get autographs if you're into that type of thing. You also can get very close to the court which is always cool and see all the pre-game activity with the TV crew and such.

The Rockets shop is great but too pricey for a jersey. You can get some other items there that are cheaper but still pricey vs. the rest of the world. They do have one hell of a ball cap selection.

Yell loud. The team needs your support!

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Your seats are good.

Eat beforehand or go out after the game to celebrate the experience.

You are in for a treat!

11. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

At least you're going to a home game. I went to the Sacramento game and imagine me cheering with Kings fans all around me lol.

You'll have a blast. Just me seeing the guys in real life made my day. I was like a kid in a candy store.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Pics or it never happened

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've been at the upper bowl several times and my WHOLE damn section felt like a Church during sermon. I screamed like 3 times and everyone looked at me like I was Satan. Didn't help that I was the only one, my ex gf was pretty quiet (she doesn't care about bball). However if you have at least 2-3 people with you screaming, then that would be awesome.

14. platypus

platypus Member

I usually try to score some free stuff so go early!

Also park on the meters, DO NOT park in the lots that is a giant ripoff.

Food is expensive, and be sure to check what the item of the game is. Its usually a decent shirt for like ten bucks.
    Have fun!

15. jae713

jae713 Member

Don't forget to slip singles in to the cheerleader's shorts. They really like when people tip them that way. Have a blast.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I actually think TC doesn't have a bad seat in the house...much better than the Compaq Center/Summit days. You can find decent $5 dollar parking if you don't mind walking several blocks. The Houston Pavilions parking garage has been my goto spot recently. TC is apparently notorious for not letting in proffessional cameras, but you may get lucky ( if you're bringin one). I'd definitely eat beforehand. Check out Dream's statue and the Sky Court. And if you get there early you can get some free swag, like t-shirts and stuff, if you don't mind filling out info to vendors. If you want a free coke fill out a designated driver form at customer relations, or pay 10 bucks for a beer.

17. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I literally had a guy in front of me one time check out mid way during first quarter and started watching Paranormal Activity 2 the rest of the game. He watched the entire movie. Why come to a game and do this?

But yeah it's great. I miss going to 20 games a season because I live in Austin now but always feel at home when I go. Have been to 100+ games and have never had a bad time. Cept the game against the Celtics when they were going for 23 wins.....

I would suggest walking around the lower levels cause they usually give t-shirts, towels, or posters. Also on Austin St there is a parking garage two blocks away from Toyota center that is 5 dollars to park. I would suggest eating before or after cause the food is meh.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It's a Sunday game, so meters are free that day.

But be aware, you will be competing with people visiting Discovery Green.

19. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

If you gotta drop a deuce all the bathrooms at TC are great.

Make sure to go the Lexus Lounge (You will see people flocking in their) just say you work for the Rockets

If you buy 2 jerseys you get a third one free (secret deal they have going on) just take the 3rd one after you leave the Rockets Shop

And if you go to get food ask for Wanda and order the vomitar nachos

Enjoy

20. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member