1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First time playing LeBron in the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Sep 3, 2020.

1. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

That's all I got.

Blue Pill (Rockets in 7)
    Red Pill (Lakers in 6)

Cheering, clapping, laughing, coaching, flexing and screaming profanities the whole time.

Should be fun. Have a feeling Westbrook goes HAM

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

you are currently looking at the face of the man I fear the most in this series

3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Are they going to be paying the LAL/HOU series in China? Aren't the Rockets currently banned there? If so, Scott Foster has failed Adam Silver

napalm06 and fallenphoenix like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

James Versus James

Historical they play well against each other I think
    I think Harden likes the challenge

Rocket River

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

Man. the nba is going to do everything it can to get a LA vs LA WCF.

This will be an uphill battle for sure.

Alkaholic, fadeawayjae and linvetb6 like this.
  6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It'll be interesting to see if LeBron wants to guard Harden himself given the level of success OKC had in putting a big and agile body on James.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Lakers should bring something like this into the bubble

[​IMG]

8. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The Rockets vs. The NBA marketing machine, tonight on TNT.

9. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

A bigger issue for the Lakers is who guards Westbrook?

They don't have Avery Bradley for this series and Rondo hasn't played yet...not that he's probably in any shape to guard Brodie. Do they stick Danny Green on Westbrook and move him off Harden? He's about the only guy on the roster that has a shot, and I'm not sure he's quick enough. On top of that, who do they stick on Gordon? Caldwell-Pope? Gordon will eat him up. Do they start Javale McGee in this series...only to sit him like 2 minutes into every game?

My guess is they go with Javale in the 1st game because that's what they did in the 1st round, but he plays limited minutes. Eventually, they'll go to Kuzma or Caruso and hope that they can out-offense the Rockets, but that probably won't work either as they just don't have a very good defensive team without Bradley in there. Honestly, looking purely at the matchups, we may win this in 5 or 6...unless the Lakers can hit a ton of threes (or free throws from biased crews), I'm not sure they can win 4 out of 7 games. Unfortunately, we know the refs will be involved, so i think this goes at least 7.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

James Harden seems to always show up when he plays Lebron. Harden beating Lebron and the Lakers in the playoffs might do more for his rep than a championship.

jkjk but it would be big.

rhee, Reeko, snowconeman22 and 3 others like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

There's only enough room for one King James in this bubble.

DavidRocket and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Scott Foster tried his best.

Good job, good effort.

13. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Leave him open at the three point line like we did to Dort, so we can watch him throw up open bricks all day.

14. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I think they’ll probably stick with Davis.. hell just back off and give him the open jumper.... they know that it’s better to stop his drive and guard the kickout to our three point shooters...

our fate is with Westbrook.. he has to hit those jumpers for us to have a chance.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

LeBron will do his damage, so would AD. Harden and Russ will be who they are. It's a match of different styles and role players. I really think the gap isnt as big as the pundits made it out to be. Let's just hope they underestimate us like the Bucks to the Heat, and we deal some blows to them before they can react. I like the fact everyone is saying this will be an easy series for the Lakers. That may be our biggest advantage.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The Ref crew chief roster for this series.

Game 1: Scott Foster
    Game 2: Tony Brothers
    Game 3: Scott Foster
    Game 4: Tony Brothers
    Game 5: Scott Foster
    Game 6: Tony Brothers
    Game 7: Scott Foster

Enjoy.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

In an ideal situation to our favor, we take DH and AD out on the defensive end by sticking them to no man's land. Laker's perimeter D is a suspect and that Portland series did not really test them in that category with Whiteside and Nurkic and then Melo iso on the elbow.

On the offensive end, it will rough. Let's just hope they don't grab every offensive rebound and we can turn them over. On the other hand, they don't shoot threes particularly well (though KCP and Crusuo can knock it down). I can live with AD shooting the threes and DH shoots a soft floater. Lebron will slice and dice. The defensive work is cut out for us.

At the end, let's just hope we can shoot 3P way better than the OKC series.

18. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

Does anyone know Harden head to head stats against LeBron since he became a Rocket? I feel he plays really well agains LeBron teams.

Rocket River likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wanna know as well

Also. Will the refs call the defensive 3 seconds calls. Dwight and McGhee cannot be allowed to just roam

Rocket River