1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Things Takes on Harden in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

they all love him now and are in awe :rolleyes:

luckyman76, SamFisher and HP3 like this.
  2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

1.Wood
    2.Porter
    3.Tate

All three are a young Rockets studs with bright futures in the NBA. Heck I’d rather talk about Kuruc’s skill set or the lack there of before talking about others teams players! The only time I want to talk about a player that is not a Rocket in the GARM is if we’re trying to trade for said player!

I understand that a lot of people are infatuated with Brooklyn Harden, I’m not one of those people. I cheered and defended him when he was a Rocket, but he is no longer a Rocket so those days are over!!

Go Rockets!!!

Houstunna, JayGoogle and J.R. like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

and yet you're in Harden threads b****ing and complaining

KingCheetah and jiggyfly like this.
  4. BamBam

The way I see it if, if the I love Harden camp won’t stop talking about him neither will I...

You and your clique can cheer for Brooklyn Harden as much as you like, and I can disagree with it being done on Clutchfans! This is an open forum....

Go Rockets!!!

J.R. likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

so which is it? The only time I want to talk about a player that is not a Rocket in the GARM is if we’re trying to trade for said player! or is it since harden is still being talked about so will I.

say one thing but do another. classic cf's

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden doing well in Brooklyn means they are about to slander his time in Houston. Scorched earth here in the the H. I feel no vindication. im numb.

luckyman76, topfive and HP3 like this.
  7. BamBam

Yes, this is quite a conundrum! I don’t want to talk about Brooklyn Harden, and yet I feel a strong urge to speak up when I see my Rockets Clutchfans forum being overrun by Brooklyn Harden supporters! I mean, isn’t there a Brooklyn Harden Fan Club in Brooklyn that y’all can join and speak of Brooklyn Harden? You could discuss his every play for eternity and beyond....

Go Rockets!!!

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you speaking up doesn't really do anything. Ignoring it would be the best option rather than trying to be one of those bitter exes with their feelings hurt. anyway, just wanted to be clear since you first told us you didn't want to talk about harden and then right after tell everyone you're still going to talk about him

luckyman76 and SamFisher like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Put down the Hot Pocket,

wipe the congealed tomato based sauce from your the hair of your chinny chin chin(s),

loosen your Copper Fit banding,

and realize that the people are talking about Houston Rockets 2.5 time MVP James Edward Harden and his tenure in Houston

And you're out here running your microblog - it's not all about you, clowntown freddy brown.

luckyman76 and topfive like this.
  10. BamBam

Are you going to ignore it and not talk about Brooklyn Harden??

Yes!!! I will talk about not talking about Brooklyn Harden on Clutchfans! I know it’s a battle that I will not win (open forum) but I feel that Rockets Clutchfans should be for/about Rockets players/team! It’s not Rocket Science (pun intended)

11. BamBam

Actually you’re taking about quitter Brooklyn Harden....

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

why would I ignore it? I'm not the one posting that I'm not going to talk about Harden

the funny thing is if it was such a problem like you're dramatically making it out to be, Clutch would have said so and done something about it a long time ago.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I love the "Harden finally realized he had to change his game" takes.

1. 6th man known for his defense
    2. 3rd all star option on team with 2 stars.
    3. Volume scorer SG.
    4. Tolerated Dwight for 2 out of 3 seasons even though Dwight refused to change his obsolete game
    5. PG and one man Dantoni orchestrator, started defending
    6 plus CP3, MVP
    7. Unguardable Tour - greatest offensive season in 40 years.
    8. "I know what we need to do" (..no..)
    9. Brooklyn, back to leading the league in assists again while playing with 2 all nba HOF caliber scorers in their prime-ish years.

Harden finally learned to adapt? The guys the king of chameleon and a freakish optimizer. Wake me up when 1 dimensional offensive guys like Giannis finally adapt or evolve.

14. s3ts

s3ts Member

He's got beef against Houston like all the other media assholes.

15. BamBam

Dramatic? Every post that I’ve posted in this thread has been straight to the point, while you and you clique are constantly trying to bait me into responding with childish wordplay!

I’m a Rockets fan, and I love Clutchfans because it’s a Rockets forum (at least it was)! If you want to be a Rockets/Nets fan, that’s your prerogative!

As far as Clutch is concerned, Clutchfans is an open forum and it’s also a business! I have no problem with that, it’s Clutch’s site, and he alone can run it however he likes. You and I will be here for as long as he allows us to be here, plain and simple...

Go Rockets!!!

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

straight to the point? definitely false

like I said if Clutch had a problem with it, like you dramatically have been then things would be different. In the meantime, he's currently still owning clowns about harden that have tried to switch there takes

17. BamBam

Its been fun, but I’ve wasted enough time on this thread. Hope you enjoy seeing Brooklyn Harden playing the Houston Rockets. Peace & Love

Go Rockets!!!

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

How many different ways can you make a thread that says this team sucks? I think we've covered most of it with topics about tanking, our coach being in over his head, trading everybody not nailed down, and bringing up the young guys from the Vipers so that we can at least put a watchable product on the floor. There is literally nothing else to talk about in the GARM right now outside of this team being flaming hot garbage and an embarrassment to the city.

Even Clutch himself is still posting a lot of Harden-related topics on Twitter. I don't think this is unreasonable for the remainder of this year at least considering how everything happened and how sudden it was. There are plenty of bump-worthy threads here and the fact that the national media is now slobbering over everything Harden does is a form of vindication for what we already strongly suspected when it comes to Houston sports.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hakeem was a career Rocket. We don't count the Raptors.

I thought the unwritten rule of the GARM was that retired players are fair game but active players for other teams go Dish.

You have now made me bust out my GARM police baton. Things have truly hit peak escalation. If we can't have an unwritten code of allowed topics on an entertainment internet forum, can we really have anything?

Os Trigonum and BamBam like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

so why are westbrick threads still being made? this team is better without harden? the harden has no help crowd is looking bad? its ok for these though if certain narratives are addressed

luckyman76 likes this.