1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Take SAS and Max 3/25 MVP race

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Severe Rockets Fan, Mar 25, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No you are. page 1.

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I don’t know if I want DaDa videos on my main screen

Spacemoth and Blurr#7 like this.
  3. Roc Paint

I don’t let the sham control me like you do

4. tinman

Supporting Member

But you prefer Stephen A Smith?

His job is to talk about sports everyday to make his millions

DaDakota doesn't need to talk about the Rockets to make his millions

He only cares about the millions of Rockets fans he reaches and touches with his insight

arubato likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Saying you want to eleviate the problem doesn't qualify as agreeing with the problem.

Like you want to end Ebola, doesn't mean you are causing Ebola.

6. Roc Paint

Were cut from a different cloth @tinman, and that’s all I got to say about that

7. tinman

Supporting Member

you want me to prove my point to you that this whole thing that the hot take shows are a sham and that Rockets fans SHOULD NEVER take anything Max Kellerman seriously as being 'Pro Rocket'?

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

just because they’re posted every week doesn’t mean my statement that the vast majority of threads posted here have nothing to do with shows like 1st Take isn’t true because it is

every time it’s posted, u come with your same rehashed talking points...probably got ESPN on right now listening to Max Kellerman

9. PhiSlammaJamma

The MVP race will come down to talk shows. Half of the opinions formed are from the takes. I believe that. The voting community talks the talk. Having SAS in our corner is monumental, especially when he's saying it's done. When the voice is so strong that those on the edge are afraid to go against the grain, you win. And I do think SAS is the leader of the pack.

It was interesting watching Kamlet try to talk about Hardens 61 to close Friday night, and Dennis Scott couldn't focus. Kamlet was ready to kill him. All these things matter.

Richie_Rich and FLASH21 like this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

you probably are listening to the Golden State Warriors

See? I can make easily make false takes about you like I'm Max Kellerman making fake takes all day

11. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I think at this point, Harden's gaudy numbers are causing legit double-takes from long-time doubters. During this stretch, haters have been having a hard time finding any marquee clips of Harden doing the double stepback. The only reason we haven't created a thread about Harden's FTA rate dropping is because he's leading us to wins. From an aesthetic perspective, he's minimized any "footprint" of traveling and has scored insanely high numbers without the FT line - the haters have nothing left to complain about other than.... his past and his defense. Max's valuation of defense and "two-way" players is so binary and reductionist of the game, and does not account for a tier of "greatness".

Honestly, who here would be disappointed if Harden dropped 35 tomorrow night? 40? Disappointed with anything less than a 50-burger? The media sure won't be surprised if he scores 40. The threshold for MVP for Harden is insanely biased, and he's actually turning heads this late in the season! Personally, I was wondering when his consistently crazy numbers would fully convince SAS.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Pippen's silly self picked Giannis because Giannis "plays the right way".

No wonder MJ looks at him sideways.

D-rock and Roc Paint like this.
  13. Roc Paint

I believe were cut from catchup and mustard brother

tinman likes this.
  14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

To be fair, it's probably in our best interest to be informed on what the national media's narrative is throughout the season. Maybe not once a week, but when they're the ones that have the votes that matter/count it would probably behoove us to care at least a smidget on what they have to say about our current MVP player and frontrunner.... at least once..... a month?

Anything they have to say about our team and their style or current state we can take with a grain of salt as only the; players, coaches, and FO personnel can have any lasting effect or worthwhile criticism of our team.

I agree with you that most of these shows are worthless in content when not debating the yearly awards for any sport.

15. YaoMingsSoulja

Is that jacket made from cow pelt?

16. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I heard kellerman say steph!?! He hasn’t even been on the radar... the drayrant drama’s been more interesting than steph’s and gianis’s mvp runs. His team plays in the EAST for the love if God! It’s like the G-league and the real league is the west. Especially when Lebron went out there and got knocked down a peg or two. Not no one is even close to Harden’s output. They ain’t even talkin about Harden being second in steals this season?!? GTFO

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lord have mercy!!

tinman likes this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i actually don't care anymore about the MVP race, Harden already won it last year.

All I care about is that championship trophy

BamBam likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wow... that was really good.

Yes, bring back hoisting the MVP in front of the home crowd.. so much more meaningful that way.

Also, Mike Budenholzer got 60 wins with the Hawks. Don't tell me that he's not contributing to the Greek Freak's victory total. Give Bud the COY, Harden IS the MVP.

D-rock likes this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I keep wanting DD to give it a go again. But this time with real equipment and something of a set. (Yes DD you can hit me up for said equipment if you find yourself in the game again.)