1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Take discusses Harden and Rockets today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 2, 2016.

1. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

ISOBall, TheMystery008, adw and 3 others like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Their formula breaks if they both take the same side. That's why their opinions are hard to listen to. They force thoughts instead of accepting their internal feelings about a situation.

3. Nivos

Nivos Member

O.K my ear drum raptured again.
    How can you guys watch that?

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Max is the contrarian of the show. Same as Skip Baseless was. These guys are here to generate ratings for Disney, a company that treats objects like women, man.

5. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

It seems as if one listens to the other only to completely throw some shiet on the wall when it's his turn to speak. That said I agree with Stephen A Smith.

6. Rowdy4Life

Rowdy4Life Member

Max can definitively say that the Rockets cannot beat the Clippers in the playoffs.

IIRC, MaxyPad was living in LA less than 24 months ago when Harden put the Clippers over his knee.

We are less than 20 games into the season, and if D'Antoni has already got the Rockets in the conversation and the offense this explosive, then I am very excited about what the next 60 or so games will bring.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I think it's unfair to call Harden a selfish ballhog. He averaged 7.5 APG last season and 7 APG the year before that as the SG. Is it his fault the guys he passed to sucked? A pass to Dwight was a turnover or a foul. Terrance and Smith was a brick, Brewer? Come on. How the hell he averaged so many assists is beyond me.

The ball got sticky at times because I think that was the Rockets game plan in the 4th with the game winding down. They wanted to prevent turnovers so they wanted the ball to stay in Harden's hands. Poor coaching. Even if the shooters got open they still missed. They didn't trust them.

Rowdy4Life likes this.
  8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

ESPN is moving the goal posts because they hate Houston. Always have and always will.

Roll one up, light it and have a good time. This is a season where we can exhale on those scumbags.

Dude loves you.

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

How can anyone watch this ****?

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Looks like Max is just a Clippers fan who is upset that The Rockets are doing finer thangs.........

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I thought it was a dramatic improvement in First Take from its Skip days. Actual substantive content in discussion?! Roster strengths and weaknesses instead of blasé talking points?!

The ratings of First take went down substantially when Skip left, but that was to be expected given the loss of its Trumpish trolling traffic. Skip Bayless is a professional troll as good as any other, and now that he's gone they have to revert to actual good takes. I liked it.

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That Max guy is annoying and he talks a certain way. I'm not trying to go there but you guys know what I'm talking about.
    He should really go back to being a boxing announcer.

13. Handles

Handles Member

Honestly, I think most of what they had to say was pretty fair. Max sounds like a clippers fan so his bias (I.e., outright denying the possibility that Houston could beat the clippers in the playoffs) is understandable.

Only thing I don't really get is people brushing off what we've accomplished just because Mike is our coach. I mean, if Mike is that good, why didn't he have a head coaching job somewhere else? Mike is better than our last couple coaches for sure, but you're in denial if you disagree that harden (and to an extent, Gordon and Anderson) is the real driver to success here.

HakeemOnlyFan and kaleidosky like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was really hard to listen to, now I understand the ear rupturing comment . . . BUT, that clip almost makes me like Stephen A.

almost.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Whats up with people thinking Harden isn't as good as his stats show? It's baffling...

Richie_Rich, adw and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why is Max acting like a star player buying into his coach's philosophy isn't something that every good/great team has...?

Richie_Rich likes this.
  17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

And he just called Harden overrated... The guy wasn't even all NBA last year! How is he overrated??

Richie_Rich and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  18. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

My cringe meter went through the roof listening to the boxing announcer, max kellerman. Harden bieng overrated baffles my mind.

19. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

all the smart espn staff left for foxSPORTS1

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  20. joomba

joomba Member

Max is a bona-fide Westbrook d!ck rider, probably he doesn't want Harden to steal MVP from WB