1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Rockets game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Y2JT, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

Greetings people of Houston and fellow Rocket fans!

After having read through the discussions regarding our beloved basketball team for a while I have finally decided to sign up and join the fun. The reason for this change is simply because I will soon attend my first (two) Rockets game(s) in April so can now feel like a proper fan.
    Probably doesn't sound like a huge deal but given I am from England the significance of this is increased exponentially.

Where better to come to prepare right?
    What are the pre/post match customs? (over here we like a good pub gathering prematch for example), would it be frowned upon if I wear my Rockets Jersey...with Howard on the back?

Or perhaps you just want to share your memories of your first Rockets game! Hopefully tales of great triumphs to build the excitement or touching moments that made you a Rocket for life.

P.S. On a non Rocket note any general advice regarding what to do/see in the city of Houston for a few days would be greatly appreciated.

samtaylor, awc713, Bo6 and 13 others like this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Nice! @Pen15clubber and @FTW Rockets FTW haven't gone to a game yet either so you should invite them to go with you!

Where are your seats? Even if your seats are in the lower level, I would check out the upper level before the game. There is some neat memorabilia up there to see. Doors open 90 minutes before tipoff so I would go as early as possible to walk around the arena and check everything out. Have fun!

Ramo$e and Y2JT like this.
  3. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Irish car bombs for the pre game is what we Americans usually do. The objective is to not actually make it to the game.

awc713, cdrive, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I believe he said Houston people and rockets fans...he never mentioned frosty headed Dallas chides fighting for an 8th seed calling the MVP of the league a fraud and sucking on vape pens.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I'll keep you in mind the next time I can't use my season tickets! :)

Ramo$e likes this.
  6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

My first game was actually against the Cavs Lebron's rookie year. It was pretty cool.

awc713 and Ramo$e like this.
  7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If you keep me in your mind I will destroy you from the inside.

HTM and topfive like this.
  8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

:eek::eek::eek:

Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Welcome to Clutchfans, OP.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I once crawled inside a woman for three days. It was cold and damp but I made due. I was given a strip of stride gum but I started to feel as though maybe it was something else. While I was trapped inside of her I tried to call the local authorities but apparently she had them on her payroll or more than likely under some sort of spell. Now you living in your clean cookie cutter Dallas world I don't expect you to get where I'm coming from but I do expect you to respect the fact that I'm a black belt in the dark arts and am direct descendant of both my mother and my father.

juanm34, Ramo$e and Lawlruschang like this.
  11. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

You should go to Gatlin's BBQ on Ella Blvd & then eat some Blue Bell ice cream:D

#11 PyroTex, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Y2JT likes this.
  12. Tha_Dude

[​IMG]

13. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

RocketWalta and Pen15clubber like this.
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Leggo rockets!!!!!

rockpileindisma and Tha_Dude like this.
  15. Tha_Dude

You never finished the story. You were trapped for 3 days inside this woman and then what happened? Like, how did you get out?

Also, were you on any sort of mind altering drugs at the time?

jayfree likes this.
  16. MONON

MONON Member

Welcome aboard OP! I've never been to Gatlin's, but you can't leave Texas till you've had some Texas BBQ & Blue Bell ice cream (I don't care what the people in Kansas City, Memphis & the Carolinas say:D)!

Y2JT likes this.
  17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Like i said I was given gum. But it changed the way things were. 3 days of pain and struggling and the only things to eat were the remains of those before me. But the second you stop struggling and succumb to what she has put you through that is when it all stops. And you are released. Don't believe me? Go to Harwin Powersports and ask for Yun

18. rockpileindisma

Pretty strange welcome to clutchfans but might as well dive in the deep end

Os Trigonum, Nivos and Y2JT like this.
  19. Tha_Dude

Far out, man.

I've had an out of body experience before but I've never been trapped inside of someone else's body.

Anyway, I doubt this is what the OP had in mind when he created this thread so I think I will tender my resignation here and stuff, man. See you at game time.

[​IMG]

rockpileindisma and Pen15clubber like this.
  20. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I'm sick as a dog so I'll be LIT in the game thread tonight

rockpileindisma likes this.