1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First Presidential Debate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 28, 2020.

1. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

If I'm Biden, I cancel all future debates with Trump. To explain why, I release a statement saying that in the interest of National Security, I choose to not give the person currently holding the office of the presidency any further platform to spread his lies and misinformation while also continuously attempting to delegitimize our democratic voting process. I also refuse to give a person who speaks directly to white supremacists and conspiracy theorists, a platform to continue to speak and spread their language. In addition, with the information that was released about Trump's tax returns, it's obvious that he is compromised by foreign and domestic players and is a danger to this country. Kamala will go ahead and debate Mike Pence, however, I will replace the two future debates with town halls where I will allow the media entities to pick the crowd and I will talk to and answer questions directly from that audience and the American public as a whole.

I go on to say that this election means more to the future of our great nation than any other in history and that it's time for the American people to take back their country from those that wish to see it fail.

DVauthrin, jo mama, DaDakota and 6 others like this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Fully agreed. This country is long overdue for a half decent health care system. I wasn't necessarily the biggest fan of Obamacare, but just what the **** is Trump doing to one up Obamacare? Not a ******* thing (useful things anyway).

DVauthrin, RayRay10, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's what I'm saying. The majority will vote out Trump. They know he is nothing but a liar who only cares about himself and his money.

RayRay10, Reeko and vlaurelio like this.
  4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I agree 100%. Trump, with his outright lying is ridiculous and dangerous. His calls for the White supremacists types to intimidate voters is dangerous and unnecessary. He is playing a dangerous game. I hope he is losing by a landslide on election night, because he is going to pull some kind of Dictator style tactics to stay in office.

They will stop counting mail in ballots, or throw out discrepancies if he has his enabling GOP pulling some kind of BS Supreme Court action to declare him the winner. Was this one of his interview questions for his new nominee? He will not concede. He made that crystal clear!

The lengths he would go to cheat are huge. He doesn't give a damn about doing what is right. He will take desperate measures to stay in office, and ensure he gets a 3rd term. Make no mistake about that. Democracy is on the line here. Want a Dictator? Vote for Trump. If not, then do your part and vote!

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

That's gotta hurt the Trump Campaign who is out of money.

6. No Worries

Alien tech to control the massive amount of mini-strokes Trump has.

#686 No Worries, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    RayRay10, Reeko and deb4rockets like this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

You don't cancel the debate YET. You let Kamala harris go out next week and tear Pence a new *******. Harris is a career lawyer and if you've seen her briefs she is a tough cookie in court. Between now and the next debate over 30 million Americans will be able to vote. You tell Kamala to go out next week and tear them a new ******* and go all out. You make Pence say some questionable things and as a lawyer Harris can tear him apart and look really smart on the national stage.

Then the next day you cancel all the remaining debates but by then you have already given another 30 million voters a reason to vote for you. Democrats have a huge edge when it comes to the VP debate. Th

8. AB

AB Contributing Member

I think Scott Jennings (Republican strategist) said it best( I paraphrase)

Trump's strategy of being on the offense turned into "just being offensive."

That seems to sum up the reaction, I gathered from my republican colleagues

9. No Worries

10. No Worries

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I thought Biden started out weak, but a lot of that was on Trump and the “moderator” as Biden could barely get a sentence in with Trump going off like some deranged lunatic

the difference was made very apparent when the topics of Covid and global warming came up, and then Trump absolutely buried himself when it came to the topics of race and the sanctity of the election

Biden is talking about his dead son who served in the military, and then Trump brings up his other son and his drug use...Biden then uses that opportunity to look like an actual human being showing how he and his family have had to deal with things that many American families have to deal with

Trump could not denounce white supremacy. What’s worse is that he said they need to be on stand by, and that somebody needs to deal with the left. Nah clown, you’re done. “Biden will get 20% of the black vote” says our resident fake Christian bootlicker. Lol, foh. How tf does Trump think that would play well with independents? Yeah, I’m sure they’d want to see white supremacists mobilized to head to the streets and his low IQ, deranged cult members “poll watching.” He does everything possible to incite violence and sow division, but it’s under Biden’s America that people won’t be safe. It’s under Biden’s America where the suburbs will be under attack. I’m sure all the suburban women and non-cult members in the suburbs loved that performance from Trump. Biden killed him when he told Trump he wouldn’t know a suburb unless he took a wrong turn.

imagine if it was somebody like Obama debating Trump last night...moderator might have had to stop things midway because the slaughter was getting too gruesome for TV...history books would call it the Ohio Massacre

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The guys in Trump's War Room are living in a fantasy world.

Trump War Room - Text TRUMP to 88022
    @TrumpWarRoom

Tonight, the American people witnessed President Trump deliver a strong, focused debate performance—a stark contrast from Joe Biden’s weakness on virtually every issue.

What a delusional bunch of enablers! Vote out all the GOP!!!

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

14. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Wait for it...the contrast between both

Deckard and Reeko like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I also don’t know why Trump keeps talking about a vaccine being available before November...him saying that is not giving him the points he foolishly thinks it does

nobody is taking that sh*t

Seriously, who on here would trust and take a vaccine fast tracked by Trump?

he’s so out of touch...90+% of Democrats, and the overwhelming majority of independents don’t trust him when it comes to this virus...that’s what happens when you’re incompetent and don’t believe in science...his cult members think the virus is way overblown or a hoax, so they damn sure aren’t taking it either

So who is left to take this magical pre-November vaccine?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  16. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

That's what Trump wants...

I would do the next debate, but Biden has to learn that Trump is going to be Trump....

We all knew months ago that Trump was not going to do a normal debate and them preparing for a normal debate is just flat out stupid.

He has to do what he did later...
    1) Ignore him when he's babbling BS and don't respond to get off your subject
    2) Talk into the camera, acknowledge the people..
    3) Put the harness on the moderator to get things under control

Biden has to deal with Trump like Jesus dealt with Satan in the Desert... If not Trump will win..

Trump has only one mission, to drag you into the mud with him and then say you're no better than I am....

Don't argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience...

T_Man

foh, Sajan and RayRay10 like this.
  18. No Worries

Politico:

Undecided voters call Trump ‘unhinged’ and ‘un-American’ — but unswayed by debate

Snapshots from a Frank Luntz focus group.

Despite their indecisiveness, most described Trump in a negative light, including one of the participants who was leaning toward voting for the president. The voters characterized Trump as “unhinged,” “arrogant,” “forceful”, a “bully,” “chaotic” and “un-American.”

When asked to describe Biden they offered: “better than expected,” “politician,” “compassion,” “coherent,” and a “nice guy lacking vision.”

#698 No Worries, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Reeko, saitou, RayRay10 and 1 other person like this.
  19. No Worries

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ya that's the irony. He is pushing this vaccine hype but who exactly is left to take it? His base doesn't even believe there's a virus. The people who have been wearing masks and being careful are not going to trust something Trump pushed through..

Reeko and RayRay10 like this.